Parenting after a Loss

My BP is still up :(

It was 141/91 when I got there. My midwife checked it a bit later and it was down to 132/88. Please pray that my BP goes back to normal. I'm so worried. My grandmother suffered from high BP that ultimately ended her life short. The midwife currently thinks my swelling is water related since when I was weighed I hadn't lost much weight. Not even the weight of Syd. I'm drinking more and more water, and throwing in some lemon to help. Also, I'm cutting all the salt I can. Please pray it comes down ladies. TIA.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My BP is still up :(

• Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place.
    Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace.
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!  Keep chugging that water!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hang in there.... mine took awhile to go down too. I noticed the biggest difference once my swelling started to go down, which took about a week with all th fluids they pumped into me in L&D.
  • imageLeah&Cole:
    Hang in there.... mine took awhile to go down too. I noticed the biggest difference once my swelling started to go down, which took about a week with all th fluids they pumped into me in L&D.

Thank you so much for telling me that. It's reassuring knowing that this can happen after delivery. I've been worried since I've found out it was slightly elevated. And, where I know it's not terrible, I shouldn't worry. Maybe by Friday we'll see a huge change. That's when I have my f/u appt with the midwife. 

• imageVampyAuthor:

imageLeah&Cole:
    Hang in there.... mine took awhile to go down too. I noticed the biggest difference once my swelling started to go down, which took about a week with all th fluids they pumped into me in L&D.

Thank you so much for telling me that. It's reassuring knowing that this can happen after delivery. I've been worried since I've found out it was slightly elevated. And, where I know it's not terrible, I shouldn't worry. Maybe by Friday we'll see a huge change. That's when I have my f/u appt with the midwife. 

Good luck! Do you have a monitor at home? Maybe getting into the habit of taking it and knowing what to expect from the readings would help..... it really helped me.
  • Hoping everything moves back to normal.  I am sorry you are dealing with this, hopefully it goes away very very quickly.
  • imageLeah&Cole:
    imageVampyAuthor:

imageLeah&Cole:

Good luck! Do you have a monitor at home? Maybe getting into the habit of taking it and knowing what to expect from the readings would help..... it really helped me.

I don't have a monitor at home. I was considering running by the base clinic tomorrow and seeing if there was any way I could drop in and just have the check it.  

• Sad  I was so hopeful that your BP would be down today.  I'm so sorry it wasn't.  I'm sending lots of T&Ps that it goes down soon. 
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • Thanks everyone. My f/u is Friday at 1. So positive waves and prayers it's down then. Maybe cutting salt and chugging more water will help. If anything, maybe I'll actually lose some of this water weight.
  • I'm curious now that I think of it...you ladies who had slow dropping BP, did you have headaches too? I can get mine to go away with Tylenol, which the midwife said was good, but it seems like I always have one. I went to bed with one going away and up with a slight on now that I took Tylenol for. 
  • Wow I'm sorry your having a hard time! I have been sooo swollen even before delivery...everyone told me I will be amazed at how quickly the swelling will go down.....umm not so much! I've actually gotten worse. I weighed 174 at my doc visit on Tuesday....Saturday I jumped on the scale.....167?!? I seem to be retaining the fricken ocean.

The only thing that helps me is laying flat in bed, with tons of pillows stacked for my feet. Hubby wraps ice packs on my feet...which feels sooooooooo nice! I've been drinking lots of water too and trying to stay off my feet as best i can. You should try ice, if you havent already, im serious...its like heaven.Hopefully we both get some relief soon, cause its not fun taking care of a newborn while feeling the swish swish of your feet as you walk ;(

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1-02/21/11 Missed M/C Twins-03/25/11 EDD-11/04/11
    BFP#2-10dpo- 05/27/11 EDD 02/03/12
    Our miracle Aidan James born 01/25/12!!
  • My BP is still slightly elevated as well. I went to the dr yesterday and they weren't concerned. Give your body some time to heal and I'm sure you will be fine. Good luck!
    BFP 7/27/10, no hb discovered 9/3/10, natural m/c 9/17/10
    BFP #2- 2/1/11,bleeding- 2/6/11, natural m/c @ 5wks
    BFP #3- 4/29/11 - DS born 12/31/11
    TTCAL buddies with LilMaggs and psumel13
  • imagehopeandlove0417:

Wow I'm sorry your having a hard time! I have been sooo swollen even before delivery...everyone told me I will be amazed at how quickly the swelling will go down.....umm not so much! I've actually gotten worse. I weighed 174 at my doc visit on Tuesday....Saturday I jumped on the scale.....167?!? I seem to be retaining the fricken ocean.

The only thing that helps me is laying flat in bed, with tons of pillows stacked for my feet. Hubby wraps ice packs on my feet...which feels sooooooooo nice! I've been drinking lots of water too and trying to stay off my feet as best i can. You should try ice, if you havent already, im serious...its like heaven.Hopefully we both get some relief soon, cause its not fun taking care of a newborn while feeling the swish swish of your feet as you walk ;(

My midwife told me to do some walking. She said you can get up to as much as 90 min of walking per day. She said if your ankles are a little poofy, that's ok, but the walking gets the blood circulating through your body. I tried a little yesterday, and the swelling in my feet wasn't AS bad, which is good. But, I could see her theory on how it would get the blood circulating through your body better which is what you want. Otherwise she said at home just keep pillows under my ankles.I guess I can deal with swelling and puffiness, I just hate the headaches right now :( 

• Try not to worry about your BP too much.   I'm not sure if you had a CS or a vag birth but either way, I'm guessing there is still some pain, not so mention I imagine you aren't getting a ton of sleep.   Pain can cause High BP so can lack of sleep.  

My BP was beautiful my whole pregnancy and directly after having LO.   It just shot up 2 weeks ago (7 wks PP).  I went to the doctor and he is not concerned.  He said that sometimes we have a small period of high BP and it will naturally go back down.   He said that after all I had been through and I am still in pain from BFing (I have thrush) that it is not surprising at all.   He said that if you always have high BP then that is a concern but something like this is not a concern unless it doesn't come back down in a few weeks.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • imageVampyAuthor:
    imagehopeandlove0417:

Wow I'm sorry your having a hard time! I have been sooo swollen even before delivery...everyone told me I will be amazed at how quickly the swelling will go down.....umm not so much! I've actually gotten worse. I weighed 174 at my doc visit on Tuesday....Saturday I jumped on the scale.....167?!? I seem to be retaining the fricken ocean.

My midwife told me to do some walking. She said you can get up to as much as 90 min of walking per day. She said if your ankles are a little poofy, that's ok, but the walking gets the blood circulating through your body. I tried a little yesterday, and the swelling in my feet wasn't AS bad, which is good. But, I could see her theory on how it would get the blood circulating through your body better which is what you want. Otherwise she said at home just keep pillows under my ankles.I guess I can deal with swelling and puffiness, I just hate the headaches right now :( 

The second i start walking they balloon but my feet go down from ice and putting them up..it takes forever, but the again when get up they balloon. It's a bad cycle. ;(

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1-02/21/11 Missed M/C Twins-03/25/11 EDD-11/04/11
    BFP#2-10dpo- 05/27/11 EDD 02/03/12
    Our miracle Aidan James born 01/25/12!!
  • imagesoftskate31:
    Sometimes it takes a while to drop back down. I had to wean off my BP meds after DD b/c mine was slower to drop too. By the 6w PP appt the water weight was gone and i got the all clear to stop the meds. Give your body some time. GL!
    This was me as well.  My BP was still around where yours is 2w PP so they stuck me on procardia until my 6w appt.  By then BP was perfect so i got taken off the meds.  I never had headaches or any of the other Pre-E symptoms...just high bp, proteins & a weight jump at the end.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Yikes, hope it goes down!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"