Food Allergy

could this be a food allergy

I didn't really think about it till today but DD has had a blotchy diaper rash (we noticed it on her vagina first) that is not going away.  A friend who is a pediatric nurse looked at it today and said that it looks mild and not yeasty, which is good.  Had anyone else found a diaper rash as a result of a food allergy?  We are going Friday to the pedi for her 6 month visit and we just started solids in the past 10 days or so.  We have done avocado, squash, and banana.  To be completely honest she maybe gets a teaspoon of food actually in her mouth and swallowed.  She does not want to open her mouth for food but has definitely lost her tongue reflex.  I am just not forcing it. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: could this be a food allergy

• Its hard to say. I am allergic to Bananas, but its an OAS. My Jacob sometimes gets a pink behind area after some diaper changes, but its mainly when he has juice. He did have one instance a few days ago where he had hives after a diaper change, so IDK what was involved in that, since he hadnt eaten anything wrong.

So basically, the rash could be allergy related, but since it started in the front, I would think more on the lines of yeast, but ive never dealt with anything like that with my boys.

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It really is hard to say.    My kids would get diaper rashes for no reason and sometimes as a result of eating something acidic.    The food allergies that Natalie has presenting themselves as hives on her face and no diaper rash.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"