Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

nap training help

Hey Ladies, so we are doing the sleep easy solution, which is similar to Ferber, a CIO method. The nights are doing ok however the naps are just a mess. LO has been crying for an hour now. Nothing. We usually end up taking him out of the crib at the hour mark, and giving it another go 2 hours later. Just nothing. Sometimes he will fall asleep after an hour of screaming, just to sleep for 40mn... Ugh.

Any tips, help or other solutions is welcomed. I just can't take it anymore. 

Re: nap training help

• Options
    How much sleep does LO get at night?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

he gets about 11 hours, with usually one wake up in the middle/early morning for a snack...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some babies aren't big nappers, I've been told.  My LO is lucky if he gets 11 hrs sleep in a 24 hr period! Maybe just follow his sleepy cues regarding naps instead of trying to force it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When are you putting him down?

What are you doing before you put him down?

Usually I get a short nap in the morning (35 min up to 1.5 hours) and I can't get him back to sleep if he wakes. If he wakes up after less than an hour in the afternoon, I do whatever it takes to get him back to sleep (usually nursing) and he'll give me an extra 40 minutes or so. He usually needs a nap after being up about 2 hours in the morning, but then he'll go 3 hours or so to the next nap. I always put him in a sleep sack (because we use it at night), and we do the same things before each nap (diaper change, sleep sack, nurse, gloworm song).

If I miss his sleepy time, it doesn't happen. If we're out, it doesn't happen. He's in a really touchy nap phase. He's never been a great sleeper, so I'm doing my best to make sure he hits the naps most days of the weeks.

• Options
    Ugh, I can't stand to hear LO cry for 10 min let alone an hour. There are so many better ways to get your LO to take a nap then CIO. I have a non-napper myself. I pay close attention to her cues. In the morning I nurse her to take a nap, but in the afternoon we have a nap routine where I read her a story, sing a song, and rock slowly before putting her down somewhat drowsy. She usually babbles for awhile, but I also put her Violet bear with her and she plays with her until she slowly drifts off. When we are having a bad day and she doesn't want to nap usually a ride in the car will do the trick. I go to the bank, library, grocery store, or sometimes I just drive around the neighborhood and then sit in my car and read until LO wakes up. On warm days, she'll nap in the stroller on a walk, and I get some exercise! 45 degrees is my limit though. A lot of times I have also walked her around in a baby carrier and that gets her more drowsy. Letting your LO CIO for naptime may have made your LO fearful of naps themselves, so you may have a tough road ahead.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"