January 2011 Moms

I'm tempted to wake him...

JT has been so sick since Saturday. On Sunday the pedi told me just to monitor his low grade fever (100.5) but she didn't see anything. 2 hours later his fever was 102.3 (she's an idiot). I took him back to pedi today and sure enough - ear infection. His temp got up to 102.7 which had me a nervous wreck this morning...

So anyhoo - when I didn't wake him to give him motrin/tylenol last night his fever spiked. I'm tempted to wake him when it's time for more medicine to keep him comfortable and in an effort to try to beat the fever - what do you think?? 

Re: I'm tempted to wake him...

• If he is sleeping comfortably, I wouldn't wake him to medicate. He'll wake when he is uncomfortable and give it to him them. Waking him might make him upset. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageshanlubey:
    If he is sleeping comfortably, I wouldn't wake him to medicate. He'll wake when he is uncomfortable and give it to him them. Waking him might make him upset. 
    I agree. His fever may break by the morning. And feel better little man!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I also wouldn't wake him (if this question is still relevant), but make sure he is not bundled when he's sleeping. Put him in light clothes even if it seems like he'll be cold. It's better for him to be a little cool than to get too warm.

[A few weeks ago DH held our very close friend's 18 month old while he had febral convulsions and it was super scary so I did a bunch of reading and got paranoid.]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • I know I'm late replying, but... I would not wake him. If he's uncomfortable, he'll let you know. Maybe you can premeasure the medicine so it's ready to go if/when he does wake up.

Hope your LO is feeling better soon!

• imageSweetHurricane:

I know I'm late replying, but... I would not wake him. If he's uncomfortable, he'll let you know. Maybe you can premeasure the medicine so it's ready to go if/when he does wake up.

Hope your LO is feeling better soon!

All of this! Hope he feels better soon! 

• That is up to you. If it were me I would do it. But Jay will go right back to sleep if we wake him for diaper change and medicine.
  • Thanks everyone - I didn't do it...he woke up a few hours later uncomfortable and I gave him some meds then.

I think part of this can be a reaction from his MMR!! Dear God help us, it's going to be a long week if so. 

• imageRedZee:

I also wouldn't wake him (if this question is still relevant), but make sure he is not bundled when he's sleeping. Put him in light clothes even if it seems like he'll be cold. It's better for him to be a little cool than to get too warm.

[A few weeks ago DH held our very close friend's 18 month old while he had febral convulsions and it was super scary so I did a bunch of reading and got paranoid.]

That is so terrible - I definitely dress him way too warm...one night I ripped all of his clothes off of him cause he was burning up, sweating, etc. Thanks for the tip about it being ok if he's cool. I always remember when I felt sick wanting to bury myself under covers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"