Pregnant after a Loss

U/S question 6ish weeks

hello all!

I've been lurking here a bit and am finally ready to introduce myself! I've had two previous losses (missed mc in May '11 and cp in Nov '11) and now find myself just over 6 weeks pregnant.

i had an u/s today and we saw the sack and possibly a heartbeat.  I was feeling really good about it, until I read some other posts that said people had heartrate measurements at 6 weeks. 

So, is there any concern for me that we didn't/couldn't get any sort of heartrate yet?  My Dr said everything was looking good and I'll have anoher u/s next week, but right now I'm a bit worried!

pgal is hard!

Re: U/S question 6ish weeks

• My first U/S I thought I was 6 weeks but there wasn't a whole lot on the screen.  a week later there was "palpitations and measured almost 6 weeks"  The NEXT week when I was "8 weeks* I measured 6 weeks 2 days and had heart rates. Are you positive how far along you are?  Maybe it's still early? I would just trust your doctor and try not to worry!  I'm sure next week you'll have a beautiful little HB.  Also, just for the record I didn't get an actual heart rate number for my babies until the 12 week NT. Some doctors just look to see it flickering and don't actually measure the number until a little further along.

PGAL is totally hard but you'll find this board a great support! 

BFP 6/20/10 1st M/C- 7/3/10~ 6 w 1 d
    BFP 9/13/10- Chemical Pregnancy discovered 9/16/10
    BFP 2/23/11 EDD 2nd M/C 3/20/10~ 7 w 6 d
    BFP 9/17/11- Twins! Alice Nichole 5/15/12 Colette Parker 5/15/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you for the responses! They make me feel better! 

Based on LMP (12/16) I am 6w3d, but I have 31-32 day cycles, so I'm probably not quite that far along.

• Loading the player...
  • I went for what I thought was my 6w6d u/s last week - all they saw was a sac so i am not as far along as I thought (based on LMP). I havnt been regular since my m/c so I am not sure when I ovulated.

I have another u/s on Monday and that should tell me how far I am - hopeing to see a little fetus and hb as well!

No need to worry, Im sure you are just not as far as you think :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • we had our 1st u/s at 6w3d and we got to see the hb but didnt get to hear it or get any measurements.  hang in there until next week!  I still have 2 weeks until our next one. boo.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The heart starts beating at 6 weeks so it is a hit or miss if you get an ultrasound during that time that you will see the heartrate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had the same kind of appointment at 5 w 6 d, they could see the heartbeat, but the machine couldn't pick it up.  I'm sure all is well for both of us!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"