Pregnant after a Loss

drink to replace wine?

What is your go-to drink now that you're pregnant and can't enjoy wine?  I used to really look forward to de-stressing after a long day with a nice glass of wine...what do you all drink now instead?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: drink to replace wine?

• I haven't gotten any yet but a friend told me white grape juice and if I put myself in the right frame of mind I would swear it's wine.  I'm not buying it but I guess it's worth a try.  I'll probably pick up some tomorrow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you find it, let me know... But I don't think you are going to find it. I think anything that makes me feel warm and relaxed will have to wait until the baby gets here, or at least another tri for a sip. I had a couple NA beers this weekend, the taste was okay, but no warm fuzziness to be had.

• Loading the player...
  • Ben and Jerry's. I can't think of anything else that has that same appeal for me. 
    image Nicholas loved for 28 weeks, 4/11/10
    Baby Boy loved for 15 weeks, 5/31/11
    Baby Girl loved for 16.5 weeks. 3/1/12
  • FWIW, they do make alcohol free wine.  I haven't had it though...my drink that I use to destress now is hot chocolate.  I think the warm milk in it relaxes me.  It's hard to get worked up when you're having a mug of hot chocolate.  There is a wee bit of caffeine in it (like 14 mg per cup), but it's nothing to write home about.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

BFP #1 6/28/11 ~ EDD 3/7/12 ~ m/c 7/15/11 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/29/11 ~ EDD 5/12/12. 4/25/12: Our take home baby is here!
     BFP #3 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/11/14.  4/27/14:  Our second take home baby is here!

• I have tried Fre brand alcohol removed "wine".  It's ok... better than grape juice because it isn't as sweet, but it's definitely not the same. I've had the Brut "champagne" and the Chardonnay.  
    dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Met = BFP#1 12/27/10, missed MC discovered 2/9/11, d&c 2/11/11, 10w3d
    Natural cycle (just Met) = BFP#2 6/3/11, Baby A arrived 2/16/12
    <a href="http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/tlneff0108/?action=view
  • Oh how I miss the wine! It's not the same, but DH makes me mocktails when I would otherwise have a drink. My favorite is cranberry and soda with a twist if lime. It does lack the warm and fuzzies, but it's tasty and does still feel like I'm drinking a cocktail to unwind or celebrate something. I've also had it with POM and that's tasty too (minus the twist).
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• My mom and dad gave me a 4-pack of this brand called Vignette Wine Country Soda.  Absolutely alcohol free and carbonated...comes in wine flavors like a Rose or Pinot Noir.  Of course it's not going to taste like wine, but it's made with the same grapes they would harvest to make wine.  I like it...

https://www.winecountrysoda.com/home.html 

• A sparkling juice? 
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"