Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

and its been a year-vent

I have been just lurking for a while now i posted when i miscarried last February then dropped off over time dropped off ... i got pregnant a year ago and it shocks me that it still hurts. Months will go by and I only think about it every once in a while and then the EDD came and went and the holidays and I still cant help the nagging what if? I could have had a three month old right now and I don't. This baby was not planned per say and hubby thinks it was for the best because I went back to school. He doesn't have the what ifs...tells me to move on and I have for the most part. But is it normal to still wonder even if it has been a year? Does anyone else still feel this way or do i need i therapy? 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: and its been a year-vent

• I'm so sorry you still hurt, but your feelings are normal. My loss was only 2 months ago, but I can tell you, with absolute certainty, that I'll still be wondering "what if" 10 months from now--and beyond. We never, ever forget our babies. (hugs)

It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • I'm not nearly as far out from your loss as you are but I am confident that I will never forget this experience. I don't want to. I lost a son. That's a big deal.

I still have what ifs and I will always think about how old he should have been. I don't think you're crazy. Lots of women here get memorial jewelry or tattoos. I have a necklace and a ring. This experience changes a person. Of course you will still feel something.

I am sorry for your loss. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I also think about the what ifs even though everyone tells you that you shouldn't put youself through that. But we're human and that part of us that we can't help but do. I've had 3 MC in the past. The last one just the beginning of the month. You do what helps you to survive and get through it and by all means I think there's nothing wrong with getting therapy if you feel it will help. Or talk to someone you know that will listen. What ever needs to be done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks guys I really appreciate it and I am sorry that we all have to be here. Its amazing me that we can fall in love with two lines and 30 secs have the next twenty years planned out I don't know if my baby was a boy or girl I know he/she is with god now and I will get to meet him/her someday as we all will. My T's and P's are with all of you. All I can say is that it gets easier over time specially when the physical symptoms subside. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"