Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Sleep position

I was just reading an article saying you should avoid exercises where you lay on your back because it decreases blood flow to the brain and uterus. What is the best sleep position then? If I sleep on my stomach or left side, I get discomfort. I don't know that I can sleep just on my right side the whole time and have been sleeping on my back recently. Is this bad?

Re: Sleep position

• Options
    Your body will let you know.  Up until this past week sleeping on my back was fine, now I get almost instantly short of breath and dizzy when I flip to that position.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options

I still sleep on my belly and back and I'll be 13w Wednesday. Your body lets you know when you can't do it any longer.

I wake up every morning on my back with my hand on my belly and all is well in there....as far as I know. Lol.

No worries. I also did a lot of yoga when I was pregnant with DS and did positions where I was on my back a lot until I felt uncomfortable. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I sleep on my left side and switch back and forth at night.  My Dr. said that she didn't want me sleeping on my back, but if I woke up and was on my back, not to panic.  She said it's best to sleep on your left side.  It's hard to get comfy sometimes, but I make it work.

Like Missa said...  Your body will tell you when it's time to switch it up. 

** Labor buddies with E3A7AGGIE! ** Photobucket Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yes, I've heard about the left side but about a week ago every time I lay on my left, I feel a lot of discomfort.
  • Options
    imagedfduke1221:

I sleep on my left side and switch back and forth at night.  My Dr. said that she didn't want me sleeping on my back, but if I woke up and was on my back, not to panic.  She said it's best to sleep on your left side.  It's hard to get comfy sometimes, but I make it work.

Like Missa said...  Your body will tell you when it's time to switch it up. 

This.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"