August 2011 Moms

Best thing you got away with as a kid...

... and, things you hope your LO never does!?!

I threw parties when my parents went away on vacation.  My parents left me my Senior year of HS when they moved an hour away.  I stayed in an apartment by myself for the last 3 months.  I ditched all.the.time because they had no way of getting ahold of my parents -- they didn't bother to update any info when we moved because I was practically graduated anyway.  

I hope both of the boys respect women; as in, don't treat women like they're disposable.  I think that's my favorite part of having boys.  I get to help make my boys grow up to be the kind of men that women WANT to take home to meet the parents. 

Just trying to get the board moving again... apparently, the board flatlined this weekend!!!  

:) 

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Best thing you got away with as a kid...

• I didn't do anything bad, at least not that I didn't get caught doing! I hope DD is like that, doesn't do bad things but isn't sneaky either. I'm so not ninja at all lol.

I did throw a huge party (on accident) my senior year. My boyfriend and I had people over to my house when my parents were away, and being from a small town, it got around that my place was that night's hangout. It got completely crazy, and I ended up spending the whole next day picking up cigarette butts from the front yard and power washing the driveway so Mississippi July heat wouldn't bring out the smell of beer. I thought I did a great job of cleaning, and my parents never said anything about it, so I thought I got away with it.

6 years later they inform me they knew about it the whole time. LOL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had a friend stay with us senior year because his parents moved to another state. I remember how mad he was when they decided to move because he didn't want to switch schools that close to graduation. So he stayed with us.

My parents had no idea DH and I were dating for the first two years. I lied to them about where and with whom I was going.

I agree with you about raising a respectful man.

• Loading the player...
  • Sneaking out of the house. I never did anything wrong...just went to my guy friends house and played pool or played Nintendo til the wee hours of the night. His parents were the 'cool' parents that didn't care.

Then I would climb back up my tree and through my window, and no one knew.
    My mom eventually found out, but it was almost a year before she figured it out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagewhitney1170:

I didn't do anything bad, at least not that I didn't get caught doing! I hope DD is like that, doesn't do bad things but isn't sneaky either. I'm so not ninja at all lol.

I did throw a huge party (on accident) my senior year. My boyfriend and I had people over to my house when my parents were away, and being from a small town, it got around that my place was that night's hangout. It got completely crazy, and I ended up spending the whole next day picking up cigarette butts from the front yard and power washing the driveway so Mississippi July heat wouldn't bring out the smell of beer. I thought I did a great job of cleaning, and my parents never said anything about it, so I thought I got away with it.

6 years later they inform me they knew about it the whole time. LOL

This story made me lol. It also reminded me of the time I accidentally "snuck out". I woke up and thought I was late for school. Got dressed, made a quick breakfast to go, ran right out the front door and started driving to school. It took me about 5 minutes to realize that it was still dark outside and traffic was lighter than normal. I looked at the clock, and it was 1:00am. Checked my cell phone clock, and sure enough it was 1:00 in the morning. I drove back home and went to bed. I have no idea what happened.

• Totally harmless but I would tell my parents I was going to the drive in with all the girls but I really went with my boyfriend...we fogged up the windows many times. 

I also lied about my boyfriends parents being home. They were never home! Im sure my parents knew that too-at least it was the same guy in all of high school. No harm done. Ah teenage hormones....

• I used to sneak out at least 2 times a week to go to my SO's house in high school. He would pick me up about midnight and would drop me off at like 6:30 am so I could get ready for school. I did this from sophomore year to senior year and never got caught. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"