Baby Showers
Options

Registry Question

So I'm not really sure if this is the right board for this or not.  When do you put together a registry?  I'm only 16 weeks but recently I've been getting a lot of questions about where I'm registered, or even people saying they didn't see a registry for me online when they looked.  I just feel like its pretty early, I'm not having my shower till late April or early May. 

Not to mention I also just stopped breaking out into hives when I walk into a babies r us.  I couldn't help it, as a FTM all the baby stuff is a little overwhelming hahaha

Re: Registry Question

• Options
    You can register whenever you want to.  I wanted to register before we found out the baby's sex at 18 weeks (and before my husband deployed), so we did right around 16 weeks.  But, if you would rather wait, there is no problem with that either.  You would probably at least want to have a registry started about 3-4 weeks before your shower or before invites go out, whichever is first.
  • Options

I think that's awfully early to have a registry done.  I'm 25 weeks and I have a registry (in progress) for my own purposes and for grandparents to buy stuff when they want but no one else has asked about it.

I HIGHLY recommend you get the book Baby Bargains.  I'm a FTM and it helped me SO MUCH to navigate through the crazy world of baby stuff: https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Bargains-Secrets-furniture-maternity/dp/1889392405/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327955976&sr=8-1

Be wary of registry checklists on baby store websites as they want you to buy everything and spend lots of money. I found these helpful:

https://alphamom.com/pregnancy/our-ultimate-baby-registry-checklist/

https://www.lucieslist.com/1-car-seats-and-rtollers/ 

I am registered at Amazon.com (our family all lives far away) and since my shower will be a diaper shower that may be all I do.  If you choose to register at a common place like Target or BRU or Baby Depot, just make sure you familiarize yourself with their return policies for registries as some are better than others.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks you so much for the book recommendation, I'll have to check it out.

You're right those checklists make it seem like  you need everything and a lot of it :)

• Options

I'm due Feb 10th .. my shower was Jan 7th .. my shower host sent invitations out Nov 28th and I registered only a week before that .. it's silly to register too early .. cuz you'll probably change your mind soOo many times on what you think you need or what you want .. don't rush yourself .. as long as you register before the invitations are in the mail, not a big deal ..

image Visit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options

I registered around 18 weeks after we found out the sex of our first baby.  I took lots of walks around brus before registering.  It is very overwhelming.  If you feel too overwhelmed there, maybe try going to Target.  They have less to choose from and it may not seem like such a daunting task.  Just remember, you do not need everything on the checklist.  Just the basics will do.

You could also try taking a friend with you who has registered before or looking online at other baby registries.  Other registries may be a good starting place for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think you should do it whenever you're ready. Definitely just before shower invites go out since you'll want to say where you registered. I am also a FTM and I was so excited (had been trying for 2 years) that I started an online target registry at about 12 weeks. I just put the essentials on that one, then after we found out the baby's gender, at about 22 weeks I started a BRU registry with gender specific items like clothing and so on. Whatever floats your boat. It's so fun. I could spend DAYS in BRU....sometimes if I have nothing to do on my lunch break (I brown bag it) then I just go walk around BRU or BBB for an hour. haha. Maybe I'm crazy

• Options

You can registry whenever you like.  I was looking at things when I was TTCWink

Anniversary Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"