Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Insert your pregnancy-themed vents here...

Because it's Monday, so why not, right?!

My vent is that on Saturday night I watched my friend's sick 3 month old for about 5 hours...and because he was sick (and they now think his first tooth might be popping in--although isn't it a little early??) he cried for about 4 hours and 45 minutes of the 5 hours.  Like CRIED.  And my dogs, who need to get used to crying babies, were barking the whole time because they were just freaking out about the tiny little human crying hysterically.  So I told my friend that he was miserable the entire time they were gone and cried nonstop, and her response was, "So, are you ready to be a mommy?"  And my mom said the same thing.  And they said it in this singsong voice like "Get used to it, this is going to be your life soon!" and it made me SOOO frickin' nuts.  Like because I'm pregnant, I can't find a baby who cries for almost 5 straight hours to be annoying.  Like because I'm going to be a mom soon (G_d willing), I've lost all rights to find that irritating. 

I said to DH, I'm sorry, but I think even once we have a kid, that does not mean that I will not find almost 5 consecutive hours of crying to be irritating, especially when it's not even my kid doing the crying.  I'm sorry, but does the fact that I want to have a kid, chose to get pregnant, and am in fact pregnant, mean I don't get to find a baby who cries for 5 hours annoying?

Thoughts?  Other vents?  Let's hear 'em if you have 'em! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

BFP #1 6/28/11 ~ EDD 3/7/12 ~ m/c 7/15/11 at 6w2d
BFP #2 8/29/11 ~ EDD 5/12/12. 4/25/12: Our take home baby is here!
 BFP #3 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/11/14.  4/27/14:  Our second take home baby is here!

Re: Insert your pregnancy-themed vents here...

• Options
    I don't really have one, but I have found I have a lot less irritation for my own kids than for other people's kids.  I didn't exactly love it when my kids would cry and cry but it wasn't really an annoyance, just something to deal with.  I try to remember how fortunate I am with my own kids, and it's hard to do that with other people's kids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It's a lot different when it's your own LO that's crying, you'll know how to help comfort them.

My vent is that I've forgotten what fruits and veggies and meat tastes like. I eat all carbs all day and if I try to eat something else, most of the time I take one bite and feel  vomity. I've been able to get down some watermelon and some taco meat, but that's about it in the last several weeks.

I miss food... 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My little sister had colic, and would cry for hours straight.  i didn't mind it then (granted i was 8).  then a few years ago a was a nanny for a couple of kids and i found that when the younger one (6mo) cried for hours straight, it was all i could do not to freak out.  it was like fingernails on a chalk board.  and it didn't matter if i fed him, rocked him, put him in his musical swing or vibrating bouncer chair, he just would cry for hours... hope its not the same with my kids, or if so that i'll have a better idea how to comfort.
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options

My vent is people who react badly when we tell them it's twin boys.  I've had so many people tell me they pity me, that we're in for hell etc.  Umm, I think I've already been through hell thank you very much.  Hell is losing a child you want more than anything.  Hell is having to go through IF testing and treatments, spending tons of money, while watching less deserving people who never wanted kids have uneventful pregnancies.  You know what's not going to be hell?  Raising my two boys that I feel so very blessed to have growing inside of me.  Sure, I know it's going to be really difficult at times.  But I'm going to cherish the bad that comes with the good because I know what hell really is.

My other vent is people I don't know telling me I'm "huge".  IMHO that word should never be used to describe a woman's physical appearance unless you're talking about her smile.  I love my bump and the fact that I'm measuring 10w ahead.  I'm growing two amazing boys, what do you expect?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options

Although its still a bit frustrating, it's totally different when it's your own child. I won't keep other people's kids who cry non stop. I did that one time then never again. I also never left ds with anyone when I knew he was sick/ill/fussy like that.

My vent is my mother. She knows I'm pregnant while the rest of my family does not. She's constantly like "don't move like that, or don't pick up ds." everytime ds runs up to me she's screaming "be soft with your mommy!" I think it's sweet she's so concerned, but I'm not handicapped, and people are going to find out our secret before we are ready if she keeps this up.

First BFP April 2011, EDD 01/11/11, MMC June 20, 2011 D&C June 20, 2011 Second BFP September 23, 20011 CP diagnosed September 26, 2011 PAL/PGAL welcome
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Even thought it's not PGAL related, I am so tired of these self-entitled children I teach every day. (5th and 6th grade)  They think everything should happen easily the first time they try.  They don't ask for things; they tell you what they think they should have.  They ask questions that are none of their business.  You tell them they can't do something and they retort, "why not?"

Gah!!!!!  I need a snow week in SC.  **Doing a snow dance**

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

BFP 8/31/11; Missed miscarriage 10/14/11
    BFP 12/18/11; EDD 8/20/12--grow baby!

BabyFetus Ticker

"Playing music is supposed to be fun. It's about heart, it's about feelings, moving people, and something beautiful, and it's not about notes on a page. I can teach you notes on a page, I can't teach you that other stuff." Mr. Holland's Opus

• Options

I agree with PP, when it is your child, then you will know how to comfort your child. They should have been more understanding of their poor child who was sick and getting a tooth and rescheduled their plans. I think my singsong response would have gone something like, "Now that your parents - every reconsider your priorities!?" 

My vent is how my mentor at work responded to my pregnancy. After I told her I was pregnant, she said, "Oh. Wow (not the excited Wow... the Wow that goes down at the end) Why did you do that? Well... nevermind - just don't tell anyone until after your annual review."  Umm...thanks for your support boss assigned mentor - I feel so supported! 

• Options

This is a good thread.  As much as I try to not complain, every once in a while you need good vent.  My vent is that I panic about Faye's movements every other hour.  Logically I know that she is ok and I know quiet times/days are perfectly fine. I wish I could calm down.  I'm trying not be the lady that calls the office constantly, though I do call at least once a week.  In my defense I only called in the first and second trimester a total of two times.  

Also the Bump is super slow for me today with lots of error messages.   

• Options
    imageMissa_g:

My vent is people who react badly when we tell them it's twin boys.  I've had so many people tell me they pity me, that we're in for hell etc.  Umm, I think I've already been through hell thank you very much.  Hell is losing a child you want more than anything.  Hell is having to go through IF testing and treatments, spending tons of money, while watching less deserving people who never wanted kids have uneventful pregnancies.  You know what's not going to be hell?  Raising my two boys that I feel so very blessed to have growing inside of me.  Sure, I know it's going to be really difficult at times.  But I'm going to cherish the bad that comes with the good because I know what hell really is.

My other vent is people I don't know telling me I'm "huge".  IMHO that word should never be used to describe a woman's physical appearance unless you're talking about her smile.  I love my bump and the fact that I'm measuring 10w ahead.  I'm growing two amazing boys, what do you expect?

I've been strangely surprised at how NOT like that people have been about my two boys (consider I already have two).  I do get to thwart a lot of it with "at least I already know about boys" business.  They will probably be way more active, but boys are totally awesome!

My younger son keeps telling me I'm getting really "fat with the baby" and he's just so endearing I didn't correct him because he gives me a really sweet smile and hug right after.  He's the only one who wouldn't lose an eye for saying such a thing, ha.

• Options
    imageMissa_g:

I've been strangely surprised at how NOT like that people have been about my two boys (consider I already have two).  I do get to thwart a lot of it with "at least I already know about boys" business.  They will probably be way more active, but boys are totally awesome!

My younger son keeps telling me I'm getting really "fat with the baby" and he's just so endearing I didn't correct him because he gives me a really sweet smile and hug right after.  He's the only one who wouldn't lose an eye for saying such a thing, ha.

• Options
    imageMissa_g:

• Options

If one more person tells me, with a smirk on their face, "oh, you're tired/sore now, just you wait..." I'm gonna smack them. Yes, I understand that I will be unbelievably exhausted when the baby comes, and that my body will get more sore as the pregnancy progresses and I get bigger, but that doesn't mean that I can't be tired/sore today! I have a very physical job, I'm dancing about 15 hours a week right now on top of all the other management stuff that I do, so yes, that makes me freaking tired & sore!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"