Late Term and Child Loss

Weekly Prayer Request Check-in 1-30-12

Original message from Foxxy:

"We're starting a weekly prayer requests check-in. This is open to everyone and all religions. I believe in the power of prayer and hope we all can benefit since we're a tight-knit group here. I also encourage we rotate posting the check-in since others might want to share scripture and lead in prayer.

So, what we'll do is have prayer requests (whether it'll be for you, your family, friends, others, whoever) and also praise reports. Tell us about the new job, pay raise, good weather, etc. Or, even if you got out of bed! That's worthy to be praised!"

Prayer Request:
Praise:
Special thought/quote:

Verse for the week:

John 11 :35

"Jesus wept."

I found this excerpt from John so powerful because it shows that Jesus feels the pain of his people.  When Lazarus' sisters mourned over his death, Jesus mourned with them. He wept on his way to raise Lazarus from the dead because of the suffering that his followers (Mary and Martha) were enduring. He knew that Lazarus would live, but they did not. He knew that there would be a joyous celebration, but they did not. He wept for the pain of his people. I am certain that he is weeping for us. He knows that this is all part of a larger plan, but He also knows that we do not understand that plan yet. I cling to the hope that we will one day understand why all of our pain and suffering is happening. Until that day, we have to learn to let go and let God run things. It is much easier said than done.

I pray  that all of our requests from last week are being answered.  I hope that:

Foxxy is out of her rollercoaster dip and is having a better week.

Fluttergirl's neighbor is still safely pregnant  and that Corbin's condition is not genetic

Pottermommy is healing well from her csection and is enjoying the time with her sweet rainbow Gabriel.

Jessicarob will soon find peace and closure by being able to lay Felix to rest.

Lrichmond is having a better week and that she is healing both mentally and physically.

Johnny's june is having a safe and uneventful pregnancy.

My angel Avery- 2/16/12, My rainbow Blake= 3/4/13, Joyfully awaiting #3 5/11/15

Re: Weekly Prayer Request Check-in 1-30-12

• Prayer requests:

I am scared that I am getting very close to going into labor and I am not ready yet.  Please pray that I get at least another month to prepare myself and to spend with Avery.  Please also pray that we are blessed enought to meet her while she is alive outside of my body and that she does not suffer while she is here on earth.

My friend Kara is going in for an induction today and will soon deliver her little boy Dalton.  He has been diagnosed with Trisomy 13 so their time together is very unpredictable.  Please pray for her and her husband to have peace of mind during the delivery and for them to be able to bring Dalton home, if only for a little while.

Praise reports:

My NILMDTS photographer is meeting us on Saturday to do a maternity photo shoot.  I am so excited to have pictures of Avery while she is in my tummy! 

Our friends Eric and Emily brought over a huge pan of chicken enchiladas, salsa, chips, chocolate chip cookies, and a bouquet of fresh flowers on Saturday just because.  It made me smile to know that they were thinking of us and also because we will actually have a homecooked meal tonight instead of takeout or random odds and ends from the pantry!

• HUGE *hugs* Careyalis!  I am so glad you get your maternity shoot.  I didn't get mine, but we did happen to do a "mini" shoot when we were with some friends a pumpkin patch a couple weeks before I ended up going into labor.  They are my favorite because they're pictures of our "family" while Logan was alive.

Thank you for thinking of me too!  It never ceases to amaze me when someone metnions they're thinking about me or praying for me, especially since most of us (or all of us) have never met in real life.  It's always encouraging.

Prayer Request:  For Figgs.  I know we're all thinking and praying for her, but right now, my heart is very heavy and very broken for her.  I know she is supposed to be getting another ultrasound today to see if they'll be able to continue the pregnancy or not.  Please pray that her and her husband have the strength and peace they need, whatever the outcome.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Careyalis, thoughts and prayers for you and your little one!

Prayer request: For the moms out there who don't have the community of support that we do and are suffering alone.  I'm realizing lately how lucky I am that if I have to go through this hell I have you ladies to do it with.  And for all of you lovelies who have been so helpful through all of this. 

Also for my mother and mother-in-law who seem to have had a bit of delayed grief over the loss of their grandson.  It seems to really be hitting them both now.

Praise report: Physically, I'm on the mend!  Still don't know what was wrong with me, but I'm incredibly thankful that I'm not in physical pain any more.  It makes dealing with the emotional pain so much more manageable.  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Thank you so much for leading this, Carey! I've been trying to get online to post all morning and had difficulty. I finally got through!

Prayer Requests: I just pray I have a good check-up this week with the nurse. It'll still be a while before me and DH will TTC but I want to know if my body is finally getting back to normal.

I also pray for figgs. Going through this once is traumatic enough but twice is just cruel and unsual. I pray her and DH will begin the healing process for both of their sweet angel boys.

I also pray for sockmonkeysam. What happened to her sweet Zachary still breaks my heart.

Praise Reports: Today was the first day where I used Ethan as a motivation to get out of bed. I usually use him a motivation to stay in. It seems I'm finally on the upswing after that last rollercoaster dip.

• Thanks for the hugs and prayers ladies-I'm so happy that I found you all!  I couldn't imagine going through all of this with no support from people who understand. You guys are awesome!

• Thank you so much for all of the prayers that went out for me last week.  You ladies are amazing.

Careyalis: I am so so happy you are getting the photoshoots, I know that you will cherish them forever.  I will pray that the timeing of your labor falls into the best time for you and your DH and that it comes when you are most prepared for it.  I pray that everything works out in the best time possible for you physically and emotionally. 

Prayer request: for Figgs mainly, I can't even fathom where she must be at emotionally right now. 

Praise report: My rainbow is here and healthy, healthier than I ever thought to beg or pray for.  I can't express my gratitude to you all the PgAL board and to God for the amazing miracle you were all apart of. 

• Prayer Requests: Of course SMS and Figgs, they are always on my mind.

Also, prayer request for my dear friend (S) who had a loss at 19 weeks 2 years ago. She has a rainbow baby and another on the way but her father is very ill and doesn't have much time left. S's brother is also expecting soon. I hope S's father gets to meet his newest grandchildren this Spring. I also hope he is not in pain. Unfortunately, S's brother's baby has a severe, life threatening heart defect and will need surgery immediately if he survives the birth. This baby will also need many more surgeries in the future. Many prayers for her whole family! They have endured so much pain these past 2 years.

Praise Report:  I can praise my DH who has been lacking motivation lately since he's in a roller coaster dip. He worked his butt off and landed a big case at work. He's thrilled about it. Also, I'm so happy we finally sold DH's car. We were a 3 car family for the past 2 months since we bought the SUV for the babies. When we lost them...the thought of selling a car was overwhelming. We were paying insurance on all 3 and really needed the money so it's a big weight lifted off our shoulders!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"