Pregnant after a Loss
Options

How to reveal to long distance friend I'm pg

Hi All,

My colleague/friend lost her baby on New Years Eve at 24 weeks due to trisomy 18. I only see her once a year or so at work related events, but since her loss we've been PMing on Facebook a lot. 

I don't plan on officially coming out on FB, but if pics are posted of me, then people will eventually know. Also, I'll see her in March at our yearly work meeting. 

I should tell her before we see each other in March..,right? How should I do it since we normally email or FB.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How to reveal to long distance friend I'm pg

• Options

How difficult! :( 

Maybe becuase your most common line of communication is through PM's on FB - that might be your best bet.

I think things would be worse if she didnt find out from you.

Maybe just be really straight forward about it, but gentle.  

• Options
    I actually think through FB or an email is the best way.  It provides her with the opportunity to not have to control her initial reaction in front of you (or on the phone). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I recently told a friend through email that we were expecting.  After two early and one late loss because of Down's, they finally adopted last year, so that helped (I think) take some of the sting off.  I just told her how I knew how it felt to hear of other people's news and that my thoughts were with her and I wanted them to hear it from us, not through FB.  I don't think there will be a "good" way where she will be thrilled but just remind her of how much you are thinking of her and the news will be easier to bear.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"