Secondary IF

Giuliana Rancic & I were put in touch!!

Giuliana and I were diagnosed with weeks of each other, and in fact both had our double mastectomies within weeks too. I've always felt so 'connected' to her because of this; especially after we both battled infertility too. I've wanted so badly to just reach out to her and be her BFF!!

Well, my best friend Desiree went to a taping of The Fashion police in Hollywood last week. She printed out a business card with my name and blog address and said she was determined to meet Giuliana and tell her about me! She hung around after filming was finished and walked up to Giuliana and had a 20 min conversation with her about me!!! She said she was super sweet and down to earth and wanted to know all about me, my diagnosis, etc. Desiree gave her my blog info and she is going to check it out! I had serious heart palpitations when she called to tell me all this. I so hope I'm able to touch base with her now! 

Oh and PS -- she told Desiree they're going to start up IVF again in the next few months! Crazy! 

7/09 miracle DD born
3/11 DX: lean PCOS/anovulatory
9/11 ovarian drilling to remove cysts + 5mg Femara = BFN
10/11 5 mg Femara again = BFP, ectopic pregnancy at 5w4d
11/11 diagnosed with breast cancer
12/11 bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction
http://annefightsback.blogspot.com
Dori
"Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"

Re: Giuliana Rancic & I were put in touch!!

• Wow!!!  That is awesome! It is always so comforting when something good happens from not so good situations.  I hope you two connect and can find support from one another!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • That is so great!!! I love Giuliana and my heart goes out to her and her struggles with fertility and now cancer so much.  I hope she does get in touch- it's comforting to know that even celebrities remember that they are people, too, and not the only ones who have to battle these things.  She always seems so down to earth on her shows, so hopefully she will reach out :)
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • That is crazy! I often thought of you whenever I saw her on tv. I hope you're doing well, considering, and I hope that you know how much we are all thinking of you. I read your last post and was in tears at the generosity of your friends. It seems like you have an amazing support system and with that, we can do anything!
    Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • That is amazing!  That was so nice of your friend to do that and so nice of Guiliana to chat with her.  Hope she leaves a note when she reads your blog.  Thinking of you and hoping you are doing ok.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • That is so cool of her!  I'm so glad your friend went out of her way for you, too. That would be great if you guys could connect.

On a total side note, I wonder if she'll be doing her IVF cycle at the time time I will be?  She's traveling to Colo to go the the same RE that I'm switching to, seeing him for the first time today.  Actually, same clinic but different doc.   Anyway, I wonder if I'll see her.  Not that I'd bother her there.  But it would be cool if she contacted you, A!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow! That's so cool!! I thought of you as well when I heard her news. I hope both of you are doing well and take care!
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • imagechoirgirl:

That is so cool of her!  I'm so glad your friend went out of her way for you, too. That would be great if you guys could connect.

On a total side note, I wonder if she'll be doing her IVF cycle at the time time I will be?  She's traveling to Colo to go the the same RE that I'm switching to, seeing him for the first time today.  Actually, same clinic but different doc.   Anyway, I wonder if I'll see her.  Not that I'd bother her there.  But it would be cool if she contacted you, A!

Wow that's amazing! I am actually REALLY intrigued that she is starting IVF so soon because even though I don't know her entire diagnosis, from what I've read it sounds like she & I had very similar cases. Mine was estrogen + and that is why I can never get pregnant again Sad However, she did tell my friend that she has a world class oncologist out there in LA so I'm sure with different doctors, we're walking different journeys. Best of luck to both of you!!

7/09 miracle DD born
    3/11 DX: lean PCOS/anovulatory
    9/11 ovarian drilling to remove cysts + 5mg Femara = BFN
    10/11 5 mg Femara again = BFP, ectopic pregnancy at 5w4d
    11/11 diagnosed with breast cancer
    12/11 bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction
    http://annefightsback.blogspot.com
    Dori
    "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards