Cloth Diapering

Really dislike RnG...Maybe even hate it!

My dips stink and the poo isn't fully washing out though I have pre rinsed by hand and do a cold rinse prior to a hot wash. I have been seeing all of the posts about tide working great and plan to switch but I thought I had also read a while back about using oxy in the first rinse. Who uses oxy?
BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Really dislike RnG...Maybe even hate it!

• I have heard about stink issues when switching to RnG from other detergents. On their website they say this is because there is residue from the previous detergents. If your diapers stink I would try adding more detergent since they obviously aren't coming clean.

Is there actually still poop on the diapers or staining from the poop?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• I've used oxy and it was fine. I can't say it was fabulous or anything. Switching to Tide pretty much solved everything and there is rarely a need to add anything to the first cycle honestly.
  • Loading the player...
  • We had stink with it too.  And, they were new diapers.  So, I know it wasn't residue.  I hated it. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• imagehispenguin:

I have heard about stink issues when switching to RnG from other detergents. On their website they say this is because there is residue from the previous detergents. If your diapers stink I would try adding more detergent since they obviously aren't coming clean.

Is there actually still poop on the diapers or staining from the poop?

This.  Also, how many diapers are you washing at once? This could also be a problem.  

It could also be the quality of the water you have. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

imageimage

• My washer isn't the greatest...poo isn't being left on but they smell taking them out of the wash! I have washed about 12 inserts up to 30 and it doesn't matter... I have tried the highest water level, and went from 1 1/2 scoops up to 3! I add baking soda to the first rinse, it doesn't help. I think it has to be the soap...
  • imageJeepersWife:
    My washer isn't the greatest...poo isn't being left on but they smell taking them out of the wash! I have washed about 12 inserts up to 30 and it doesn't matter... I have tried the highest water level, and went from 1 1/2 scoops up to 3! I add baking soda to the first rinse, it doesn't help. I think it has to be the soap...

This is probably a big problem then :(  Our washer is small but mighty.  I'm sure your washing them correctly and you seem frustrated :( You should probably try a different soap that will work better with your washer, but make sure you get all the suds out or rash will happen, especially with detergent that is not meant for cloth diapers. Good luck! :)

imageimage

• I doubt it's the washer because It isn't old...just not he or one of those extra large capacity ones...it washes a whole load of my husbands work clothes just fine...
  • imageJeepersWife:
    I doubt it's the washer because It isn't old...just not he or one of those extra large capacity ones...it washes a whole load of my husbands work clothes just fine...

Oh okay haha I thought you meant it was old LOL...mines the crappy one that came with the house and small but it works fine, did I mention SMALL! Its probably the soap then :) 

imageimage

• I used RnG and wasn't a fan. I use it to soak my diapers overnight when I want to deep clean them. Otherwise I don't really use it. In the past year I have tried a lot of different detergents and the ones that have worked best for me are Tide original or ultra, All Free and clear, and Dropps.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What is your water level set at? I know I pre-rinse on Large/wash on Medium/rinse again on large.

Also, I would try emailing the folks at RNG or calling them, I hear they have great customer service, and may be able to better diagnose your issue!

• I'd contact the folks at RnG first. They get back to you pretty quickly, and may be able to help.

If that fails, it may just not be the detergent for you. I love it, but others have had issues.

GL

• RnG gave me repelling issues within 2 weeks. It just didn't work with my water. I used the rest up on other laundry and switched to Clean B, and now I use soap nuts and the EFF recipe (borax, washing soda, oxyclean) together. I've been doing that for months and it's working great.

Detergent really is trial and error.

• I'm not a fan of RnG either. I was constantly having to do extra washes and soaks to get my diapers clean.

I switched to the EFF homemade detergent and it works great for me. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What is the EFF homemade detergent?  I use RnG too, but my diapers aren't coming out totally clean either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"