Cloth Diapering

switching detergents

i have posted before about having ammonia stink issues. i use tide and am planning on switching.  to what...i'm not sure.  open to suggestions!

anyway, before i switch, do i have top strip the dipes?  if so how?

my stash includes some PFs and thirsties covers.  (they actually don't really smell.)  i also use FB, BG and Kawaii pockets.  I have both MF and hemp inserts.  Thanks so much! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: switching detergents

• I recently switched from Tide to Ecos. I didn't strip, just used the new detergent and all was fine.
    If you currently have ammonia/stink, you should tackle those anyway. Switching detergent or your wash routine could help, but you may need to just tackle them on their own first. From what I recall, there's tips on how to reduce both in the FAQs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've switched detergents many times over the past few years and the only time I've stripped when switching was when I went from Tide to RNG (or vice versa since I've gone back and forth a few times). However, if you're having ammonia issues, I would probably strip regardless of switching detergents just to hopefully start fresh. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"