Northern California Babies

AW: I did it! I get the "bigger person" award!!

I made my MIL a birthday lunch and everyone was pleasant and it was FINE.

We (well, DH) had a serious talk with them about improving relations last time they were here after the disaster that was Christmas.  That's when my DH said "It seems like you never supported my decision to marry Heather," and she said, "Well, what was I supposed to do about it?  You're a grown man and you make your own choices," yeah, um, right in front of me. 

So I swallowed my bitter pill and made her a flipping lunch for her 70th birthday today.  Everyone was happy and it was actually ok.  YAY for ME!  And super YAY for my DH because I know it made him happy (that's why I did it, duh). 

I did, however, buy her a heather plant for her birthday gift.  She might as well plant it and be reminded of me every. time. she. looks at it.

And I'm goin' out for drinks later!  Life is lookin' good!

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: AW: I did it! I get the "bigger person" award!!

• If there was a "love" button, I'd use it here.  You are a far more generous and gracious person than I think I could be in the same situation. 

Enjoy those drinks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't believe she said that! Surprise

You ARE the bigger person, and I'm glad CF appreciates and recognizes what you've had to do to bridge the gap and make things peaceful.  It helps to have a supportive spouse who's on your side when the IL's are (or act) crazy...I might know a thing or two about how that can be ;)

Hope you had a great night out last night.  :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG, that's nuts! I am glad the birthday went well and she behaved. LOL! You are definitely the bigger person. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLV2006:

If there was a "love" button, I'd use it here.  You are a far more generous and gracious person than I think I could be in the same situation. 

Enjoy those drinks!

Ditto!  

• Wow, I knew your MIL was a piece of work, but that is just RUDE of her, to say the least.

You are a bigger person and I love you bought her a heather plant.

• Wow... you are truly a patient person.  I'm sure it was hard to hold the snark back!!  But at least you can unleash it on us!  :) 

PM me for our family/baby blog

Haley Beth ~ March 3rd, 2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good for you!  My MIL not only didn't support DH marrying me but went out of her way to make sure every knew it, and she plays the victim that she doesn't "feel welcome" in our house.

At least you can take comfort in the fact that they only women that would have made her happy was another crazy like herself.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"