Adoption

Maybe a HT? Fostering board?

I just noticed that someone is asking for a Foster Parent board on TB. Do you think one is necessary? Is it something that needs to be separate from the adoption board? (obviously knowing that some people foster without the intent to adopt). Do they think foster parents would be unwelcome here? Do you?

Re: Maybe a HT? Fostering board?

• Even though I'm on the adoption side of things, I love having all the amazing foster moms on here.

Would people feel better if we changed the name to adoption/foster or something like that???  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Although I don't post much, I've always felt comfortable here as a soon-to-be foster parent!  Although perhaps a name change would be nice so other people know to look here if they are thinking of fostering!
    Foster parents turned adoptive parents :)
    Adoptive daughter born 08/07/13... growing so fast
    BM due again end of March 2015 so any day!
    Bloggy blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Great idea ladies. I threw that idea out to BK and we'll see what she comes back with.
  • imagefredalina:
    Personally I can't stand all the boards on TB already, so I'm not a fan of new ones, but I'd be cool with a name change. I'd pick "Foster parenting and adoption" so people don't think it's just for foster/adopt.  The danger of adding boards is we could end up with Fostering, Fostering-to-Adopt, Domestic Adoption, International adoption, etc. And then where would someone go for general questions?

I like Foster parenting and adoption. The only thing I would change is for it to be Adoption and foster parenting, not that either is more important, but that way, anyone who has visited the adoption board in the past would still see on the list in the same place. Does that make sense?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with everyone else. Personally, I think there are a lot of similaities between fostering and adopting older kids.  If the boards were seperated, I think a lot of helpful knowledge/advice would be missed.
  • i dont see a need for a totally seperate board, a name change might be in order though. i am a foster and adoptive mom and i feel both sides are equally welcome!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Not unwelcome but I notice how the bump always separates a topic to the nth degree (hello pampers forum) My husband, Mr "why would you want to adopt" while we are dating has started to talk about foster to adopt so I love hearing about the differences, ins and outs. I think its important to have a general adoption group as well for all of the common things we go through as APs. Just my 2c
    33 yo, DH with MFI Iui x4, Dec 2009 to Jan2011 all BFN.... IVF May 2011 BFP, mc June 2011 at 6.5 weeks, FET Oct 2011 BFP! Sweet baby girl born 25 June 2012** started adoption process Feb 2010, approved Oct 2010, failed match in delivery rooms Feb & Aug 2011... Birthmom called back 3d after we returned home. Aug 26 2011, our sweet baby boy comes home for good!!
  • imagefredalina:
    Perfect sense, and i agree. And if you switch it back to Adoption first, it can just be Adoption and Fostering. Short and sweet and doesn't imply only foster/adopt.
    misread Dr L post to be about foster to adopt. Totally agree with this and pp
    33 yo, DH with MFI Iui x4, Dec 2009 to Jan2011 all BFN.... IVF May 2011 BFP, mc June 2011 at 6.5 weeks, FET Oct 2011 BFP! Sweet baby girl born 25 June 2012** started adoption process Feb 2010, approved Oct 2010, failed match in delivery rooms Feb & Aug 2011... Birthmom called back 3d after we returned home. Aug 26 2011, our sweet baby boy comes home for good!!
  • I would appreciate the name change but otherwise dont think a seperate board is necessary (there are other places I could go for foster-only boards if i felt the need) and have always felt welcome here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"