Guest book? — The Bump
Baby Showers

Guest book?

What are your opinions on guest books for a baby shower? I really can't remember if there usually is one or not? Should we have one and any cute /modern ideas other than a guest book? Hosting sister's shower next week.

TIA! 

Re: Guest book?

• My sister is throwing me an early shower in March with Dr. Seuss theme. She is going to find a few Dr. Seuss books (depending on how big they are) and have people write in the front and back. Love the idea that we can use these to start a library for our child and I think it is much better than asking people to bring a book instead of a card! ;-)

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know about modern, but I used a cute/practical idea. For my cousin's shower, I bought Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever and asked Guests to sign it. That way the baby can have it in his/her collection. It worked out pretty well.

GL!

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/nn14z8.jpg[/IMG]
  • Loading the player...
  • image PLS2010:

My sister is throwing me an early shower in March with Dr. Seuss theme. She is going to find a few Dr. Seuss books (depending on how big they are) and have people write in the front and back. Love the idea that we can use these to start a library for our child and I think it is much better than asking people to bring a book instead of a card! ;-)

I really like this idea!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • At a recent shower they had a paper tree with leaves cut out. The guest would leave their name on the leaf and then they were arranged on the tree. It was being put in a scrapbook so it was only 12x12. The hostess used die-cuts so it was very uniform and cute.

There was a stork with a baby standing next to the tree with a few leaves on the ground with the baby's name and due date.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are doing one similar to what PP said, but instead of leaves being cut from paper we are having guests leave their thumbprint as the leaves on the tree. 
    Baby Hadley Grace - Born at 34 Weeks and 6 Days - Our little NICU miracle baby!
  • At one for my friend they had her baby book and had people sign inside the cover yearbook style.  Not sure how I personally would feel about that in my baby book, though.  Neither of my showers had a guest book of any kind.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • We're having a  guest/photo book. Since me and the SO, don't intend to marry (It's just somehting neither of us want) - we thought this could be a nice way to capture what is importat to us. We have a large scrap book, different markers/pens, a polaroid camera and a few funny props (if they want to use)--- they write a future note to the LO and attach their photo to the album by their note!

We also intend to eventually attach all the baby cards we do get in the album as well. That is something my mother did for me, and for all of my birthdays up until I was about 13. I remember I LOVED looking it through it as a child - I just felt so treasured :) 

• For a couple showers I've been involved with, I've set out pretty paper for the guests to write a letter, jot down advice, or whatever they wanted to contribute.  I then put the papers in sheet protectors and stuck them in a binder along with pictures from the shower.  It's been a hit with guests and the moms.

Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

• I went to a bird themed baby shower today and when guests arrived they were asked to write a wish for the baby on a pink piece of paper cut in a bird shape and sign their name to it. Then you tied the bird onto a branch of the "wishing tree" for the parents to read at home and save for the baby. The wishing tree was basically like a bare branch they put in a pot and decorated with glitter,eggs, and nests. Thought that was a very cute and creative modern take on a guest book. 

• There is usually not a formal guest book like at a wedding.  Several of the idea's pps have mentioned are good options though.  We had a small journal that was passed around during gift opening...everyone wrote a little "something" in that and signed their name.  I had 3 showers and took the same book to all the showers.
  • at my sisters shower we had a scrap book instead of a guest book. we had the guests write down their advice for her on pretty cardstock. after the shower i arranged all of the pictures and advice pages in the book for her and gave it to ther as a gift. it was pretty and the advice pages were cute :)  you could also do a group picture at the shower and have everyone sign the matting for it and have it framed for the mom to be
  • I saw this on Pinterest. I thought it was really cute.

http://laurenmakes.wordpress.com/2009/12/31/freebie-wish-cards/

BFP: February 12 2012
    Joseph Scott born October 8
    7lb 12oz 20.5"
    TTC #2 Since February 2013

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt16340d.aspx[/img][/url]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards