Baby Showers

baby shower question?

How many weeks along should you be when u have your baby shower? I am going to find out the sex
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: baby shower question?

• It depends on how you feel, any complications, dates aval. for the hosts', etc.  I had one when I was 6m, another at 7m and a 3rd at 9m.
  • My baby shower is next week!!! :) I will be 34 weeks! Everyone is different, mainly what date suits you and your family the best. If you are going to find out the sex of the baby then deff. after 20 weeks lol :) and I would say no later than 36 weeks. Anything can happen around then. I even think 34 weeks is kind of late but that was the date set :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Anytime in your third trimester is usual. 
  • I had mine at 33 weeks
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Mine is at 32 weeks.  I didn't want to go too late since I knew I'd be uncomfortable and I want time to put things away, get whatever else I need, etc. 
  • for my 1st lo I had one at 7m and for my sprinkle with my 2nd LO it was at 8.5m
  • Mine will be at 36 weeks. And I'm measuring a week head, so 37 weeks. Hopefully, I'm there lol But I live in Northeast PA and the weather here is soooo unpredictable and I would hate for people to have to travel in crappy weather - we got our biggest snow storm last year March 29th and the hostess lives in North Carolina so I want to make it as easy as possible for her as well, she will be driving with her baby. So, lets cross our fingers and hope it goes well! ALSO, this is my 2nd DD and they say with your 2nd you go earlier lol DD#1 was born at 12:02 AM on her due date lol 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • depends on when someone offers to throw it for you. You don't throw your own. 
  • There are no hard and fast rules.. Particularly for showers that involve travel for MTB.  That being said, typical showers are between 30-36 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would definitely wait until after you find out the sex of the baby.

Im very blessed to get 2 showers. Both Mom and MIL really wanted to give me one. My MIL gave me a shower when I was 33 weeks along. And my Mom will be giving me one in a couple weeks when Ill be about 37 weeks along.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Mine is at 29 weeks.  My niece's bday is very close to the date so we wanted to push my shower back a bit to give more time in between parties or it would have been after the 30 week mark.
  • Mine will be at 24 weeks, but I'm having twins and research tells me that 25-28 weeks is when twin moms start feeling miserable. I want to enjoy myself and put gifts away before I get to that point. 
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • My Mom and Aunt had asked me when i would want to have it so i was like ummmmm well idk when do people normally have em...thats why i asked
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"