Pre-School and Daycare

Those you of you who love/like children's literature

I have volunteered to go read to my daughters 4 year old preschool class and take a snack in February.  Can you rec a good cute short story that you think the kids would really love?  I initially thought "If You Give A Dog A Donut" was good because it has the easy snack option to go with it but, it doesn't have a very engaging story line.

Rec a good book you think the kids would like...please and thanks.  : ) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those you of you who love/like children's literature

• "The very cranky bear"

"Have you seen my potty?"--this is a really cute story; my 4yo loves it, but some people may not like it since it's all about a potty. It's not gross and perfect for preschoolers.

"Chicka chicka boom boom"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We like the silly stories around here:  Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, Scaredy Squirrel, etc.  But for classic literature we love "The Lorax".... that's a little lengthy though?  If You Give a Dog a Donut is good too though (or any in that series)  Smile

Me: Endometriosis, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Estrogen Dominance, Irregular Cycles
    DH:  100% Abnormal Sperm Morphology
     BFP #1 (Surprise!)  "Monkey"- 09/16/2006. DS born 06/01/2007.   
    BFP #2  "Quinn" EDD 06/21/13- MMC @ 8 weeks - Disc. 12/12/12 @ 13w0d 
    BFP #3  "Luna" EDD 03/31/14- MC 07/29/13 @ 5 w0d 
    BFP #4  "Star" EDD 07/06/14- MC 11/28/13 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #5 "Baby J"- 02/07/14. DS born 10/29/2014 My Rainbow!
    ~Everyone Welcome~

• This is the best story EVER!!!!!!  It is very rhymy and very fun to read.  Harm has it perfectly memorized b/c he makes me read it every day!

Amazon.com: I Ain't Gonna Paint No More!

A cute snack idea might be something colorful like different color yogurts. 

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • (Let me flip through my library lesson plans-I am a school librarian--and teach kindergarten, first and second grade) 

I will never, not ever, eat a Tomato (Charlie and Lola): Lauren Child

The Snowy Day: Ezra Jack Keats

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day: Judith Viorst

Katy No Pocket: H.A. Rey

The Biggest Snowmen Ever: Steven Kroll

Katy and the Big Snow: Virginia Lee Burton

Fish is Fish: Lio Lionni

It's Mine: Lio Lionni

The Giant Hug: Sandra Horning

Those books I typically use throughout the year with my kindergarten classes in the library. I am sure I can think of plenty more :) 

My daughter is my hero.
  • DD loved Read to Tiger right now.  She took it last week for Show and Tell and her class loved it, too.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The Pigeon Wants a Puppy

I Stink

Children Make Terrible Pets

Edwina, the Dinosaur Who Didn't Know She Was Extinct

Interrupting Chicken 

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• DS's current favorite is The Pout Pout Fish. So adorable! Curious George's First Day of School is also a good choice.

• I also forgot Snowmen at night :) 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • imageSpin313:
    DS's current favorite is The Pout Pout Fish. So adorable! Curious George's First Day of School is also a good choice.

Ds loves those too. He also likes Pout Pout Fish And The Deep, Deep Dark, The Lorax, The Sneetches, Pirate Pete's Giant Adventure.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle, and you could bring one of the fruits from the story as the snack
  • We're big fans of Judy Sierra's Wild About Books
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • The Monster at the End of This Book. My kid's preschool class loves this book and I read it to my guys every day. It is an iPad app, too and is fabulous.
  • I love the pigeon books by Mo Willems, if you're willing to get loud and silly when you read it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"