Minnesota Babies

what freeways/roads are under construction near Shakopee?

Re: what freeways/roads are under construction near Shakopee?

• Even with no construction, you're seriously looking in the wrong part of the cities if you want an easy/short commute to the airport. I have no doubt that people live in these areas and work at the airport, but they probably owned homes or got their airport job after they were settled someplace. You'll want to consider how long it will take him just to get to his car after a flight and then you're talking about areas that will be at least 20 minutes with zero traffic and perfect road conditions.

https://www.rentals.com/Minnesota/Inver-Grove-Heights/r1294939/  

If you rent from a reputable company, things breaking down shouldn't be of concern since it will likely their problem to fix it.

imageimage
  • I believe your husband is a pilot. How often does he leave/get home during the rush hour periods of 7-8:30am and 3:30-6? I'm guessing he may be outside those hours for majority of the time. If not, then Shakopee may be a farther commute than some of the other areas. 

I lived in older part of Shakopee for 10 yrs. I first commuted to 494/bush lake rd which took about 30 minutes on a non snow day. Then our company moved to 35w/94th st and my drive was 20-25 minutes depending on stoplights. I also work on the border of Burnsville/eagan and that was 25 minutes. For all of these locations, the airport would be another 15 minutes. If you are looking closer to where the Walmart is off of Hwy 21 it will take off at least 10 minutes. 

Right now they are reconstructing a major intersection at hwy 13/101 area and 169/494. Both of these will hopefully relieve a lot of the bottle neck that happens in the area.  Once they are completed I think the commute could be around 30 minutes on a non weather day. I could easily get to the Mall of America in under 30 minutes on a weekend. 

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • There is ALWAYS road construction somewhere in the Metro.If there's no construction right now, there will be soon. I grew up in the SF Bay Area and there's more construction here than there is out there. I live in Eden Prairie and it's a 20 minute shot with no traffic. In traffic, it sucks.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"