Preemies

Let's a do "Then" and "Now" post

There are a lot of new mamas on here, and I think it is always good to see how far our little preemies have come! 

Welcome to all the new moms!  We know how hard it is.  Hopefully this post will give you a little more hope!  

-Katie

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Let's a do "Then" and "Now" post

• Gabe the day he was born (2lb 3oz) and at 8 months old (16lb 1oz lbs)

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Then 2lbs, 11oz born at 29 weeks

Now ~14lbs, around 25 inches long. 9 months tomorrow. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Here is Tyler at birth. Born at 28 weeks, 4 days. He was 2lbs, 2oz and 14.5"

And here he is... almost 1!!!! 16.6 lbs and 26"

And one more cute one for good measure!! This was the night before discharge. The nurses had a party for him! He was 40 weeks exactly here. 

• Birth day at 29w4d:

Homecoming at 35w corrected:

Now at 9 w corrected doing tummy time on Daddy:

BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Annabelle born at 33w 4d 4lbs 10.5 oz 18.5 inches long

Annabelle at her 2 year old birthday pictures. She's now 28 months old and 27lbs. 

• Here is Zoey at birth, 25 weeks 2 days, 1 lb. 14 oz., 13.5 inches long.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Here is Zoey making Koolaid a few days ago. She turns 3 on 1/29/12. Getting ready for pre-school this year! No medical problems to report.
    Photobucket

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love these!

Right after she was born and NICU'd up -  33w5d, 5 lbs 5 oz, 17" long:

The other day - 21 months actual, probably around 27 lbs, she runs, jumps, talks, and is amazing in every way possible:

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Hello, nice to meet you! 30.6 weeks - 3 lbs, 11 oz.

My, how you've grown! 10 mo - 16 lbs 8 oz!

• JS then - 2lb10oz

JS now - about 18lb

H then - 1lb7oz

H now - 12lb

• I don't think I can PiP on my Mac, but my siggy has a collage of photos starting from birth to today.  

Sophia was born at 28 weeks, 6 days.  She weighed 3 pounds, 3 ounces and was 15 1/8" long.

Today she is 9 months old (6 1/2 adjusted).  She weighs just over 18 pounds and is just over 26" long.   

Sophia Elizabeth born at 28 weeks, 6 days. Weighing 3lbs, 3oz and 15 1/8" long. SS Photography blue petti
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Avery born @ 27 wk 1 lb 2 oz

Now 16 weeks (3 wk adjusted) 7 lbs

• First off - OHHHH MYYY FREEEKING LORD do we have some CUTE babies around here!!!! Im loving all these photos..... Here are mine

Madison after she was born, 1 lb 4 oz, 22w 5 days 11 1/4 inches long

And now 10months, 17 lbs and very healthy

image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I have a mac and don't know how to post pics.  If someone could tell me how, that would be great. :)  

Reid was a 24 weeker at 1lb. 8 oz.

Now at 1 year adjusted (15 months actual) he is 18 lbs 11 oz. 

• We have such cute babies!! 

Dex, 1 day old, do you SEE his hair sticking out of the hat? I fogot how much hair he had!

6 months - getting our first hair cut :)

Married ~ DD 2004 ~ 2 2nd tri losses ~ DS 2011 5 weeks 1 day early ~ DD2 2012
  • Kieran was born at 34.5 weeks at 4 lb 13.6 ounces and 17".

Here he is at about a week and a half.

Now he is 16.5 months and probably around 21-22 pounds and 29"

This photo was taken this past weekend.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Then, born at 31w3d weighing 4lbs3oz

Now, 11months old and 19lbs. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Then: Born at 34w2d weight 6lbs 3oz. Spent 21 days in NICU due to respitory distress and jaundice

Now: 4months, 2 weeks a big healthy 16lb bouncing boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Then: Michaela on her birth day, born at 27w, 1d, weighing 1 lb, 6 oz, 12.6 in.

Now: A few days ago, at 8.5m (act)/5.5m (adj), weighing 10 lb, 12 oz, 23.5 in

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Logan born at 31 weeks, 5 days.  Weighing in at 3 lbs, 12 ounces and 17 inches long.  Spent 15 days in the NICU.

Logan @ Christmas.  He is going to be 7 months actual (5 months adj.) on Thursday.  Last weigh was on Jan 11th and he was 17 1/2 pounds and 26 inches long.

• Miles 2lbs 7oz (top), Owen 2lbs (bottom)
    PhotobucketPhotobucket

Now pic in siggy.  They are 6 months and weigh 10lbs 2oz and 11lbs 6oz.

• I love these posts! We just went to the pediatrician this morning too so I have their new weights! I cannot believe how big they are.

Then: Teagan, 1lb14oz 13 inches long

Now: 15lb.9oz

Then: Tristan 2lb4oz 14 inches long

Now: 19lb.3oz.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • I haven't posted here as a regular or even as a lurker in forever.  But I love Then and Now posts and it was always so good when I was going through the NICU and the early days at home to see tiny preemies doing so well at older ages so I thought I would post.  DD is now 4.25 years old. In just a couple weeks we'll be celebrating the 4th anniversary of her "homecoming date".

Then at 28 weeks (IUGR and pre-e) at 1 lb 11 oz and 12.25 in long.

Now at 4.25 years and 33.5 lbs and I'm really not sure how tall. She's a risk taker, super active and social and happy (most of the time).

• Emily, 17hrs old (1lb 9oz, 12.5")

Emily 3 days ago, 9.5 months actual (5.5 months adjusted) (15lbs 7oz, 26")

Emme was born at 23w6d at 0203 on 10 Apr 11. She is in the 3-5% for weight and length on her ACTUAL growth chart. As of today, we aren't showing any developmental delays due to her prematurity.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Avery born at 2 lb 4 ounces and Ethan born at 2 lb 1 ounce 

now at 5 1/2 months old...

Avery is home doing wonderfully and Ethan is still in the NICU, but will be transferred to a rehab facility within a few days so they can wean him off the vent (has a trach) and get him home!

imageimage

• Ooh, I want to play!

Then - 2lbs 4oz in his daddy's hands.

And now, on his daddy's lap. 19.5 pounds

And in the tub:

I never thought he'd get this big. All your babies are so beautiful, then and now. 

• wow, I am not a preemie mommy but this is increadible. Your babies and photo's are amazing. I cannot imagine how emotional your journies have been, I teared up over and over just looking at the photos!
  • My my, we have some really cute babies on this board!

I am not on very much anymore, but I wanted to check in and AW my almost 2 years old (5 weeks away!)!

Day 1

Corri at 22 months old...walking, running, talking up a storm, almost potty trained and advanced for her actual age, according to the pedi! 

• imagepalma44:
    wow, I am not a preemie mommy but this is increadible. Your babies and photo's are amazing. I cannot imagine how emotional your journies have been, I teared up over and over just looking at the photos!

This exactly.  I had a full term NICU baby for 10 days due to placental infection and I saw how stressful it is to have a micro preemie.  Your babies are so beautiful and I'm crying tears of joy for all of you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"