Health & Exercise

I've lost all my baby weight but I still have the "baby belly"

How do I get rid of it?  It's only been two weeks since I gave birth but I have lost 40+ lbs since I delivered.  I was all baby and water weight.  So I am back to my normal self but I have this round belly and I was wondering what is the best way to get rid of it.  Any suggestions?

THANKS MAMAS

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I've lost all my baby weight but I still have the "baby belly"

• Some women snap back in 6 weeks. Others take over a year. And sadly, some women have skin permanently stretched. Wear a belly bandit or a compression garment for the first six weeks. It helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Seriously give it time. Good for you for losing the weight, but it takes up to 6-8 weeks for your uterus to fully shrink back to it's origional size. I noticed a major difference between 4 weeks and 6 weeks so it was obviously still shrinking then. After you get cleared for exercise start doing a lot of ab work that involves plank poses. From what I understand they help flatten the belly better than traditional crunches. Check out some workout videos. I've heard Jillian Michael's Six Week Six Pack is great. I just ordered it.

Even after I lost all my weight after DS#1 I still had to bust my butt to get my abs back, but they did come back and they were actually better than ever!

• Loading the player...
  • Time, you need to give it time.  It's been almost 2 years since I had DD and 80 additional pounds lost and I still have a pouch and some extra skin.  I am working my core along with cardio (ok, I haven't gone to the gym lately thanks to nausea) and weights to maintain and build muscle in hopes to help firm up my skin.
  • This morning I weighed in at 7 lbs below my pre-preg weight, and I still have a bit of a pooch - and my weight is now 113 (I'm EBF and keep losing...trying to gain or at least maintain). I guess I haven't been trying super hard to get rid of the bit of belly flab so I have no idea how hard it will be - once we start planning our next beach vacation I suppose I'll have motivation and will find out :-)
  • Part of it is your uterus which is still shrinking back from watermelon size to pear size.

After 6-8 weeks you'll have a better idea of what you're working with.

• Lose your Mummy Tummy has some great strengthening exercises you can do while nursing...  your muscles are probably shot.  If you dont have time to go get the book - it basically suggests as you nurse to imagine a horizontal elevator between belly button and spine.  Slowly tighten all the way between floors one and six.  Then hold at six for 10 seconds and repeat like 10 times.  Every time youre nursing.  (or bottle feeding)  There are more exericises that basically all work on the core muscles.  You can obviously do more strenuous exercises after you get these strong again... but dont do them too soon otherwise you'll get the baby bulge b/c your muscles haven't closed up yet... good luck!! It takes a few months...
  • My dermatologist said it takes about a year for the skin around your tummy to tighten back up. You lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Be kind to yourself...and patient.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm 4 weeks PP and my belly is just soooo flabby. I like to think of it as a bowl of jell-o. :(:(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had 3 and unfortunately my belly remains! My aim is to work as hard as possible at the gym and if after a few months it's not gone then I'm off to see what a surgeon can do! But sweety it's still early days for you xx
  • imageIncogNeato:

Part of it is your uterus which is still shrinking back from watermelon size to pear size.

After 6-8 weeks you'll have a better idea of what you're working with.

this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"