Pregnant after 35

Flame-free Fear Post

Okay, spill your worries and concerns here, with only hugs and support to come.

DD -- 5YO
DS -- 3YO

Re: Flame-free Fear Post

• Okay, I'm old!  I'm about the time I m/c last month so I worry that this kid isn't of good egg stock and will disappear, even though it feels different and more like DD than the chemical.  Even more I worry there is something majorly wrong and I won't find out until the big u/s like my friend did.  My dr points out that the odds of chromosomal abnormalities are much higher at my age and I just want to tell him to shut up -- I know that already and him emphasizing it doesn't help.  I worry about the stress of my current job affecting my pg negatively and worry about the stress of jumping to a new job.  I worry about how I'm going to handle two little ones when DH goes OOT.  I worry about how we're going to handle daycare for 2 (it'll be tight) unless I get this new job.  I worry about how DD will react to a new baby and how the dog will react. 

And I worry that I'm a bundle of worries...  Stick out tongue

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• I am TERRIFIED! I have been having some pains but I think maybe some cysts have burst, I hope so, if not, I'm afraid that I might lose this pregancy too.

I feel OLD. I know I'm only 34 but by the time my mom was 34 my brother and I were both teens!

• Loading the player...
  • i'm trying to be very chill about everything and for the most part i am. howeverrrrr, i worry now and then that i might m/c again and how i'll feel if i do. most of all,  i worry that i might have a complicated pg because i had hyperemesis with my last one and it was one of the hardest things i've ever gone through. i know that no matter what happens, i'll make it through. 

one thing i'm sure of is that my baby is worth every second of worry, pain and fear.

• I am worry that I will loose my job.  I am worried that my job stress will cause me to m/c.  I am worried that if I find a new job that they will let me go because I am pg.  I am worried if I make it thru the 25% cut in dec that i will be let go after maternity leave.  That just happen to my friend when she came back to work 2 weeks ago.  i hope my dh and i are not too old.  i'm 38 and he's 40.  he doesn't seem to worry about anything and i worry about everything.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The biggest one is that my egg is too old and I will either m/c again or the baby will have problems because of it.  Seems like I am not alone in that one!
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Well, since you are all being so honest, I will to.
    I am petrified that this baby will die.  We have friends who lost a little girl at 39 weeks and that is still So hard for me!  Worse was that we got the call from the RE that my beta went up as we were about to walk into their memorial service.
    My other fear is that something will happen to DH before the birth - I could not have handled IF without, and cannot bear the thought of him not seeing the end result.
    And now I am depressed :(
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• What a relief to be able to post something honestly and from the heart without others poking fun. Great post topic :)

I was laid off right around the time of conception and havent been able to find work yet. Wasnt planning on working after baby for a while but we certainly can use the extra money right now to start saving. Im worried about finding work again soon enough before I really start to show. Also  my OB/GYN found a suspicious lump in my breast and I am scheduled for an ultrasound in a couple of weeks. And lastly, of course, Im worried should everything go well with this pregnancy, will I be a good mom???

Thanks for letting me spill that, I feel a tiny bit better :)

• Although I feel better about not m/c since I'm only a couple weeks away from 3rd trimester, I still have that fear in the back of my mind.  My sister-in-law lost her first baby only 1 week before her due date, and I cannot comprehend the amount of pain that I would feel if that were to happen.  It scares me to death.

I am also afraid that my boyfriend and I will grow apart after the baby is born.  He is happy and excited about the baby now, but that wasn't his first reaction when we found out I was pregnant.  We love each other and plan on getting married eventually, but I'm afraid that the stress, sleepless nights, and hard work of having a baby will cause him to have second thoughts.

• imagestfne:

Although I feel better about not m/c since I'm only a couple weeks away from 3rd trimester, I still have that fear in the back of my mind.  My sister-in-law lost her first baby only 1 week before her due date, and I cannot comprehend the amount of pain that I would feel if that were to happen.  It scares me to death.

I am also afraid that my boyfriend and I will grow apart after the baby is born.  He is happy and excited about the baby now, but that wasn't his first reaction when we found out I was pregnant.  We love each other and plan on getting married eventually, but I'm afraid that the stress, sleepless nights, and hard work of having a baby will cause him to have second thoughts.

Me too! I have the same fears about my boyfriend as well. We also plan on getting married eventually but I carry the same fears as you,  you are not alone :) In addition to that he is in the Marines and will be deployed either right before or right after the birth.... We will prevail and everything will be OK!
  • Thanks, ladybug.  It's good to know I'm not the only one.  I'm sorry your BF will be deployed, that would be really hard.  But you're right, we will prevail Smile
  • I'm afraid this pg is ectopic, or that I'll m/c. I've had each happen before, and don't feel strong enough to go through either again.
  • Big hugs to everyone -- repeat "statistically, most pgs end with healthy babies so the odds are with me".  Rinse, lather, repeat.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• I am constantly worried that something will happen to the baby or to DH or DS.  This same fear happened last pregnancy and right after Connor was born.  I am hoping the anxiety is hormones and will go away as it did before.

I do worry less this pregnancy only because I know what to expect, but I am still pretty anxious about something bad happening to my precious little family. 

• I'm afraid that I'm going to m/c this baby that we've worked so hard to have.  22 months trying, 4 failed IUIs and one IVF cycle. . . I want this baby so badly.

I'm also afraid, providing this is a successful pregnancy, that I won't be able to handle everything.  My DH is deploying (for a year) shortly before our due date.  What if I can't handle the baby (or babies--there is a chance that we could have twins, they put back two embryos), the dog, the house, the bills. . . not to mention worrying about DH's safety in a war zone.  We knew all of this before our IVF cycle. . . but I still wonder about how I'm going to handle it all and not lose my mind.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am worried about finding a new job.  I was laid off at 15 weeks before I had told anyone and besides finding some contract work, I haven't worked since.  I need to start work 12 weeks after baby is born and am afraid I won't be hired because I work in commercial real estate.
  • I am terrified that this pregnancy will have the same results as the last 3, and that I have no more eggs to get pregnant with after this.  I am scared that because of my age and insulin resistance, I will have major bad complications through out, when I what I really want is to be excited and enjoy a full term pregnancy.  I am terrified that when I go for my doctors appointment next Tuesday, he will not have something good to say, or even worse, I start spotting before I ever make it to see him =(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"