D.C. Area Babies
Options

Northern Virginia Childcare Questions

I have just started to look into childcare options. Can anyone recommend any day cares/learning centers in Northern Virgina - especially around the Reston/Sterling/McLean area? Also, what has been your experience as far was wait list time and cost for full time infant care?  The place by my home is $280/week for full time and that seemed a bit pricey but I don't have anything to compare. Also, has anyone looked into hiring a live out nanny? What is the pricing for this option and how did you go about finding your nanny?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Northern Virginia Childcare Questions

• Options
    I can't help out on this question - because I have the same myself, esp for Falls Church area, and the nanny options?
  • Options
    $280/week is really reasonable! We looked at 2 in Ashburn, the Goddard School was  $1723 a month (yes, that's right) and the other one (sorry, name escapes me, it's right by the Ashburn Library) was just a little bit less.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You can get an idea about prices from a spreadsheet I compiled last year:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p6LhXlNI9FdU2cVy0kCNZeQ

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    I would say $280/ week was pretty good. My daughter used to go to Childtime in Reston for their preK program (would not recc.) but for infants they were charging $299/week and that was about a year ago. I really liked Winwood in Reston but they have a waitlist, I can't remember how much they were but what I liked about them was they had cameras in every room and you could log on to their site and watch your kid throughout the day. We chose the inhome daycare and love our woman, she watched my oldest and now is watching my baby. We pay $195/week and she's in Sterling.
  • Options
    I use in home for $185 a week.  She watched my first, and I am so blessed to have her for daycare. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"