Orange County Babies
Options

Is your DS circumcised?

We are expecting a son.  We are in the Midwest, and DH just found out he will be transfered to Southern California.  The opportunity for advancement is too good to pass up, so we will be moving in a month or two.

We thought we were fairly certain we would have DS circumcised when he is born, but with the move, we are having doubts.  We have heard it is far less common on the West Coast to circumcise and very few boys in California are circumcised.  Is this true?  How many of you had your sons circumcised?  What seems to be the trend in your area and what has your experience been with friends and relatives?

Thanks

[Poll]

Re: Is your DS circumcised?

• Options
    I have a DD but only know of one acquaintance who did not circumsize her DS. Literally every single person I know with a boy had it done when they were in the hospital or shortly thereafter. Hope that help!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks.  So would you say its the norm there to have a boy circumcised and not having it done is the exceptoon to the rule?  It seems intuitive to me that that would be the case anywhere in the US, but I have heard that the west differs in some ways.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It may be that we have a higher Hispanic population in Southern California and they often do not. We did do our son but I know of two out of maybe 10 friends that have not. I say match dad for potty training purposes and less questions in the shower.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Don't do it to follow the trend...

Do your research, and you and your husband should make a decision that you're both comfortable with. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"