New Jersey Babies

3 Year Old & Development

Our 3 year old hasn't started writing her letters yet although she can recognize them and say her alphabet.

Besides working one on one with her, should she see someone about it? I'm not sure if this is something to worry about or just chalk it up to her being a late bloomer (she also just finally fully potty trained about a month ago).

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: 3 Year Old & Development

• I don't know any 3 yo that can write letters....

And what does being potty trained a month ago have anything to do with letters?? 

Are you seriously asking?? HAHAHAHAHA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    JHB 1/19/09
    Baby girl due 11/22/12!
  • I was seriously asking about the letters because someone told me last night that she should be writing some by now and I didn't know if that was normal for a 3 year old or not.

Being potty trained a month ago has nothing to do with letters.  I'm just stating she's a late bloomer for a few things.

And laughing at me when I am concerned about something to do with my child was necessary because why? 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Whoever told you that she should be writing her letters at three is out of this world!!!! Tell her to get serious!! And I don't think being potty trained a month ago means she's a late. Bloomer! My son was PT at 2.5 but as of right now only 1 of his friends is in the underwear club! I would worry about any of that :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    JHB 1/19/09
    Baby girl due 11/22/12!
  • She definitely doesn't need to be writing letters at three years old.  She should be experiencing print (scribbling, coloring) using writing tools (pencils, crayons, markers, finger tracing etc.) but other than that I wouldn't worry.  =) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"