Georgia Babies

new SAHM... what do I DO?

Hey all! I am a new SAHM (as of this week!) and am excited to start to organize myself with my new routine. I'm looking for activities in the metro Atlanta area that a 1.5 year old and soon, an infant, will be able to participate in. 

So far we're signing up for music classes, the children's museum, and planning on hitting some library book readings. I would love to hear ideas of what you guys do with your little ones (especially for the grant park, EAV, inman park, candler, etc. areas).

Also, any resources/websites on how I can get a schedule going or just what to expect from SAHM life would be great. Thank you! 

little dude with lots of boogs.

Re: new SAHM... what do I DO?

• I have my boys home on Tuesday/thursday with me. We love going to the zoo. In my opinion, its the best membership in the city. You can take your own food/drinks in and parking is free. My boys love the playground. We go almost once a week during the spring/summer/fall. In the winter we go maybe once or twice a month.

We go to different parks/playgrounds too. We live more on the westside so we visit Memorial Park, Piedmont Park, etc. My oldest loves Piedmont and their playground. He also likes to walk down where the dog park is and look at the dogs through the fence. We'll do a picnic out there too.

You might also look into Little Gym. I have heard it's a good place to go. We haven't done it b/c the timing  never seems to work for us.

We have the aquarium but only b/c my ILs got us annual passes for christmas. It annoys we that it's no outside food and I have to pay $8 for parking. DS1 loves it through probably not as much as the zoo through.

I'm not a huge fan of the children's museum. Same reasons as the aquarium and also every time we've gone their is always big kids there running over my boys even in the under 5 area. It drives me crazy and it's just not as much fun as I think it should be.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Welcome!  I'm over in East Lake/Kirkwood area with 3 boys (4.5yrs, almost 3yrs and 9mos).  Our schedule is all over the map right now because the oldest is in pre-k all day, the middle goes to a MMO two mornings a week and the baby is with me at all times.  Like all.the.time.  :) 

We have memberships at the zoo (ditto pp, best deal in town and we go all the time!), fernbank (maybe once yours hits 2) and children's museum (hate to pay for parking but love the place otherwise).  we don't do story times anymore, they just don't fit our schedule, but the barnes n noble in edgwood shopping center has it once a week, the kirkwood library has a couple of story times as well and there is a 1yr old playgroup that meets at bessie branham every friday afternoon (4pm I think).  Also, our biggest thing is the East Lake YMCA.  They have a music class on Monday mornings, a Toddlercize class (like gymboree) on Tues and Wed mornings, they have an Aqua Baby class on Wed mornings, and they have a Mommy & Me fitness class which you can take your newborn to crawling into the class with you, which is awesome when you want to exercise but your baby isn't old enough for the nursery, plus you can spend time with other moms with newborns.  And then there are a million playgrounds in our area and we spice it up by going to different ones all the time.

• Loading the player...
  • Grant Park has a wonderful parent's group.  Google it, it is called something like the GP Parents Network.  They have playgroups based on age. 

I love the new park in Old Fourth Ward off Ralph McGill.

Baby Love (consignment store in GP) does some kid classes.

Also check meetup.com to find other parent groups in your area! 

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Thank you so much guys for all the feedback! I appreciate it! :)
    little dude with lots of boogs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"