3rd Trimester

Rapid heart beat?

For a couple weeks I have been having problems with a rapid heart beat while I'm napping or sleeping (or trying to). Either I wake up feeling like my heart is going to beat out of my chest or I can't sleep because it feels like its beating too fast. I've had normal blood pressure this entire pregnancy (and my entire life) with one exception where it was elevated for some reason, but I was monitored for a few hours and went down immediately. I've been borderline anemic this whole pregnancy, and I read that it might have something to do with that. Anybody else have this problem? I'm exhausted and I want to sleep.

I've also considered the fact that maybe I was waking up with panic attacks? I'll wake up with a fast heart beat and I kind of feel like I can't breathe and it's just a horrible feeling. I've had some undiagnosed anxiety problems my whole life, so I was wondering if it had something to do with that.

It's never been a problem throughout the day while relaxing or doing chores, walking around, etc. Only when I try to nap or sleep at night. Sorry if this is written terribly. I'm tired.  

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Rapid heart beat?

• What position are you sleeping in when this happens? It's not uncommon for your heart to race if you are lying on your back or right side because the weight of the baby can press on your inferior vena cava. Try sleeping on your left side and see if that helps.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I sleep on my sides, never on my back. And I generally try to sleep on my left side, although that's not always the case. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsEWellman:

For a couple weeks I have been having problems with a rapid heart beat while I'm napping or sleeping (or trying to). Either I wake up feeling like my heart is going to beat out of my chest or I can't sleep because it feels like its beating too fast. I've had normal blood pressure this entire pregnancy (and my entire life) with one exception where it was elevated for some reason, but I was monitored for a few hours and went down immediately. I've been borderline anemic this whole pregnancy, and I read that it might have something to do with that. Anybody else have this problem? I'm exhausted and I want to sleep.

I've also considered the fact that maybe I was waking up with panic attacks? I'll wake up with a fast heart beat and I kind of feel like I can't breathe and it's just a horrible feeling. I've had some undiagnosed anxiety problems my whole life, so I was wondering if it had something to do with that.

It's never been a problem throughout the day while relaxing or doing chores, walking around, etc. Only when I try to nap or sleep at night. Sorry if this is written terribly. I'm tired.  

Last week I had rapid heart beat!! My heart was sort of hurting but the worst part is I could not stop shaking!!! I went to sleep and woke up the next morning normal...but after this incident I suddenly have a rapid heart beat...I think my case is too much worrying...and lack of exercise...but I might be wrong.

• I've had this too, mixed with palpitations.  It sucks but my midwives say it's normal.  We are carrying so much extra blood for these LOs

I've noticed that taking a calcium/magnesium supplement before bedtime really helps

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"