Georgia Babies

Am I obligated to do this?

IL's are visiting and they want us all to drove around neighborhoods and look at houses (just from the car) in an area at least an hour away. We do this every.single.time they visit. Ryan hates being the car, so he is going crying alot which in turn makes DH angry and he will start yelling at Ryan. This will likely turn into FIL yelling at DH or Ryan or both. I do not want to deal with this BS and I have no interest in driving by houses that are for sale without looking at them. In addition, IL are both sick and coughing all over the place without bothering to cover up their coughs. I don't want my DC exposed that in such a confined space for so long. Lauren has horrible breathing issues when she gets sick because of asthma, Ryan has tracheomalacia which means we have to keep a very close eye on him if he gets a URI, and I am still recovering from pneumonia. Is is rude for me not to go?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Re: Am I obligated to do this?

• That is horrible - why would they torture you like that?  Not rude for you to skip AT ALL!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ditto, Mingaling. Holy cow. That's awful.
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • hell. to. the. no. 

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagemingaling1:
    That is horrible - why would they torture you like that?  Not rude for you to skip AT ALL!

This!!! 

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • There is no way I would do that. My boys are finally okay in the car for the most part but that's b/c they are FF and can watch DVDs. I think it would be torture to drive around with 2 kids like that.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No way.  Make DH go - they're HIS parents after all.  No way in HELL I'd go!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageremote_girl:

hell. to. the. no. 

This. 

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • I would not go- especially since you're getting over being sick and your DS can't get sick. You could use health issues as your reason for not going- and then set her up with a real estate agent that can take them wherever they want to go to look at houses!
    Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Umm no. Send DH w them and stay home!

• This is the ILs idea of "fun". The crazy thing is, is that they actually think this is something the kids would really enjoy!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Either send DH with them, or give them the car keys! You aren't their personal chauffeur!

• Send your hubby and stay home.  They will get over it.

• No, don't go. And now I want to know what the area is!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Blech, no way! Life is too short to spend a day like that.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• imageDaisy22:
    There is no way I would do that. My boys are finally okay in the car for the most part but that's b/c they are FF and can watch DVDs. I think it would be torture to drive around with 2 kids like that.

LOL   I read this over and over and kept reading "formula fed" and just couldn't figure it out.  :) 

Ditto everyone else, don't go!  They can't seriously think the kids enjoy this.  They are just saying that.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Wow they think that's fun?  My ILs used to think it would be fun to visit lobby bars of high end hotels and just have a drink.   With an 18 month old in tow.  At naptime. (Georgian Terrace + shrieking toddler = angry glares)  I had to explain that this is not an ideal thing for a kid and maybe we could go to the zoo or something.  

Since then, they do their stupid atlanta touristy stuff without us.  It's a nice break from them. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"