3rd Trimester

Hospitol Bag

As of right now I am 29 weeks pregnant. My question is when do I pack my hospital bag. I don't want to pack it too early because some of the stuff in their I will need in the mean time before I go to the hospital. but on the other hand i don't want to be scrambling around trying to back while I'm in labor....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hospitol Bag

• Most pp start packing thier bags around 35-37wks, but if you're high risk, you might want to pack it a bit sooner. I just finished packing my bag last wk.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Put stuff in there you know will just be for there and a list of stuff to grab at the last minute on top
  • Loading the player...
  • My plan is to pack what I can around 36 weeks and then have a list of the stuff I need to put in last minute.  I figure that unless something goes crazyily awry, I will have plenty of time to pack once my contractions start.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I started packing my bag a bit early, but I just left it open in the guest bedroom and tossed stuff in as I thought about it.  It was easier to put some stuff in the bag, rather than try to put it away and then have to dig it out several weeks later to pack.
  • I am planning on starting to pack my bag tonight, I had planned on waiting a while but at my last OB visit the nurse said I should have already done it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • I still haven't packed mine.  That is on my list of things to do for this weekend. I've only been saying that for the past 4 weeks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The easiest thing I found was to put what you know you won't need in the meantime in there now (pads/depends if you are bringing them, at least one pair of socks, just in case you hate the hospital socks or anything, nursing bra if you've got one that you aren't wearing yet, etc). Buy travel size toiletries and a travel toothbrush and pack those, that way you have them no matter what and you don't have to worry about grabbing them from the shower and such at the last minute, and put your make-up basics (Concealer, foundation, mascara, bronzer) in a small bag and keep it in the bathroom all together (instead of putting it in a drawer or in separate places) so that you can just grab it and toss it in the bag. Also, if your hair is long enough for a pony tail, put at least one hair-tie on the handle of your hair brush NOW! And leave it there so when you grab your brush, you automatically have a hair-tie in case you need it.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I JUST started putting things in my bag today - and already I had to take out one of the cami's for work! haha so I know how you feel. At least make a list if you don't want to pack yet since you may need stuff. My list is complete - and I'm starting to put things that I won't need in the next few weeks in the bag. But this way - I can throw my toiletries in at the last minute when things start getting serious, and still use it for now.
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• I think you can start slowly getting things together. I started packing things last week i''m 33 weeks this week. Get things u know you don't need to still use for now and wash certain items and have it ready. 

I packed most of it and told my hubby and MIL where I put the bag just in case. Put it in an area where it's really easy to find. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I packed mine at 33 weeks because the hospital I was going to does not stop labor at 34 weeks or higher.  Even if you'll need a few things in the meantime, it doesn't hurt to have your bag out and pack a few things.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"