Birth Stories
Options

Baby Oliver's birth story

better late than never.

So, I was scheduled to be induced on December 29th at 6am, however, my story starts in the early morning hours of the 28th. Not the prettiest beginning to a story, I was in the bathroom from about 2 am to 5 am with constant painful bm's, and at some point during that I remembered reading that alot of ladies said their bodies cleaned themselves out right before labor, my first clue that this could be it. At about 6am I finally gave my mom a call and asked her to come check on me because I was in significant pain. When she came she asked what it felt like and I explained that it really just felt like I still had to use the bathroom really bad, and she was like, "well, that sounds like contractions". My boyfriend wasnt with me so I started calling him immediately while my mom called my doctor, who told us to go ahead and come on in. I had about 9 contractions altogether before we got to the hospital at about 9:30 am, they were painful but really not as bad as I expected. 

When they checked me in the triage room I was already at 7cm, so they set me up in my own room and hooked me up to my fluids, and then the waiting began. My nurse asked about an epidural, and I was like yes please! She tried to talk me into going naturally since I was doing so well and already progressed so far, which I considered for a moment before she checked me for dialation (SO painful) and I was like oh no, lets do the drugs. In comes the anesthesiologist, the epidural, and partial relief. I was numb up to my bra, and my legs were numb, but I was not numb where I needed to be, because I definitely felt her insert my catheter. So she called another anesthesiologist in, redid the epidural at 9cm, but not before I had the three most painful contractions of all. (seriously, OW). Then came the sweet relief I had heard of, I highly highly recommend an epidural to anyone, labour and delivery after that was sooo easy, I felt absolutely nothing.

I ended up having my mom, my boyfriend, his mother, my older and younger sisters, and my best friend in the room with me, and it was actually really nice to have them all in there for support.I pushed about ten times, and out comes my beautiful little Ollie, 7.4 lbs, 20 inches, December 28th at 3:07pm. I was leaned back looking up at the ceiling, so relieved that it was over, so I was not paying attention when they plopped him on my chest and I was in shock for a good ten seconds. Then he opened his eyes and looked right at me, and I immediately felt the love that all moms speak of, it was the most beautiful moment I could have imagined. This was honestly the best experience of my entire life, and I could not be happier, sleep deprivation is beyond worth having my son, who is currently laying on my chest as I type. He is absolutely wonderful. Congratulations to those of you who have already had your little angels, and I wish the best of luck to those of you who are still waiting. I hope your experience is as great as mine was! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Oliver's birth story

• Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! Congrats, your baby is beautiful!
    Me- 35 Dx endo; DH- 33 no probs.
    BFP#1 (totally a wonderful surprise)- 3/10/11. IUFD 6/25/11. 
    TTC since 8/2011.
    BFP#2- 11/1/11. EDD 7/6/12. Blighted ovum 12/1/11.

New OBGYN 12/2012- CD3 labs, SA, HSG normal. 
    First RE appt 1/16/2013. Unexplained infertility. Lap planned. 

12/2012- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN 
    1/2013- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN.

Lap 2/11/2013- Removed endo. 

3/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    4/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    5/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN

June 2013- Time for a new RE!

July 2013- We're in Shared Risk! Love my new RE!
    August 2013- IVF#1- 14 R, 11F, transferred 1 perfect blast, 5 day 5 frosties= BFN.
    Sept 2013- Let's get ready for FET October 7th ish!< transfer 2 embies 10/11/13.......BFP 10/18/13!!!!/div>

PAIF/SAIF and everyone is welcome. If I can make even one person's journey less painful, I will consider my experience here successful. Thank you to all for sharing their stories, the intimate details of their lives, their knowledge, and their hearts. I hope this experience changes me, always for the better.
  • Options
    Congratulations!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options
    Yes
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"