Baby Names
Options

Chesney?

Sil suggested this for a girl name for if we ever have a girl because I'm a huge fan of Kenny Chesney. What do you think? I love the idea, but maybe it's more of a guilty pleasure name? 
Mama of 3 earth babies and 1 beautiful angel baby

Re: Chesney?

• Options
    Kinda like good old Celine Dion Jones below....
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    nooooooo. no, no, no, no. just no. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry, I'm with pps. It's not a good idea OP.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm the crazy one in this group, but I kinda like it.

image Baby Girl born September 23, 2014

• Options

imageHannahO28:
    nooooooo. no, no, no, no. just no. 

Agreed! Sorry OP, it's guilty pleasure only.

What about Chelsea?

BFP 11/1/11 EDD 7/13/12

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

9 Years Later

• Options
    It sounds very unattractive to me.
  • Options

Seems like junior high and high boys would love to call her Chest-ney or something when puberty hits or if she has a larger chest.

Apart from that, it's really a terrible name for a girl. 

"However, she mistook the drowsy-eye/alcohol warning for a winking-eye alcohol suggestion." image
  • Options
    I'm a huge Kenny chesney fan as well and would have LOVED to name my baby Chesney..however, my husband totally disagreed!!! lol but I think it sounds really cute for a girl :)
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, my husband brought up this name the other day. I had to hide my face. He has only ever brought up a name on his own a few times, so I didn't want to hurt his feelings. My thoughts, within the the few seconds it took me to get my face under control, went from "I hope she doesn't have big boobs (Chesty)", to "Like Kenny?", to "Chesnuts roasting on an open fire..." None of those are great associations. I don't hate the sound of the name, I just don't like those ^^^ thoughts
    "A great adventure is about to begin..." VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    It's a boy's name to me, and not a great one. Also a male charachter on Coronation Street.
  • Options

I see that there were 10 boy Chesneys in 2010.  https://www.nancy.cc/boy-names-that-start-with-the-letter-c/ Guilty pleasure, OP.  Please!  I like Kenny Chesney as much as the next girl, but even w/o that connection I still don't care for it.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    There's a Chesney on Coronation Street. Terrible name.
  • Options
    Guilty pleasure name it is! Thank you for knocking some sense into me!
    Mama of 3 earth babies and 1 beautiful angel baby
  • Options
    Please don't do that to your child.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemj.reilly:
    Oh for Pete's sake that is awful. Just ... awful.
    exactly
  • Options

imageHopeNotLost:
    Sil suggested this for a girl name for if we ever have a girl because I'm a huge fan of Kenny Chesney. What do you think? I love the idea, but maybe it's more of a guilty pleasure name? 

Huhwhat? How about you save it for a boy: Kenneth or Chester or something similar. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    A friend of mine named her DD this. I have to say, for some reason chesnuts always come to mind when I think of her lol.
  • Options
    I've only heard it as a boy's name (a character on one of the most popular British TV shows "Coronation Street") but never heard it in America, so I think it could work. Personally, I think it is cute for a girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Blech.

Although I have considered naming a girl McGraw. I think it's the next cool Mc name.

(Totally kidding)

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    Naming a kid after a celebrity is dangerous (as well as, honestly, kind of tacky).  What if the celebrity has a meltdown or becomes infamous for some reason? It happens often enough.
  • Options
    I know a little girl who's Chesney, and she's adorable. But I really hate the name.

• Options
    is a terrible name

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but it's awful.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    My friend used this name on her daughter, she and her husband being big Kenny Chesney fans like yourself. The girl is five now and they haven't noted signs of naming regret yet, I must say. I would never use it, but they seem happy with it. (They call her Ches, by the way.)
  • Options

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW

sorry. that was rude.

but it's really bad....ESPECIALLY for a girl.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I actually know a Chesney (thought it miiight be spelled Chezney - I can't remember). It sounds cute, but all I could think of was how poorly it would age and Kenny Chesney. NMS.
    BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
  • Options
    Not a fan.  I know a six y-o girl with this name.  She has 4 younger brothers -two are named Ethan and Easton (  like psuedo- rhymes much?) and the other two are twins. I'm kind of afraid to ask what their names are!
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Options
    sorry I really dislike it.. it looks smoosed, cutesy and   I see an adolescent boy calling her Chestey
  • Options
    I'm a huge name snob, but I'm gonna play a wild card and say it's not that bad. Perhaps it's because there was a girl in my high school named Chesney, and at the time I thought she had a great name. She'd be about 27 now, she was really friendly & pretty so that probably helped! I highly prefer Chesney to Jaylen/Jaicee/Kayden/etc I've seen on baby girls. But... I will say, that girl was obviously not named for Kenny Chesney. If you did name a girl that I would NOT tell people you're a fan of the singer (who wears his pants too right and is obviously bald).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I know a Chesley....not Chelsey...(pron: Chez-lee)

Ick! 

DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"