April 2012 Moms

Chemical burn from OxiClean?

Yesterday I went through a bunch of DD's newborn and 0-3 month clothes to figure out what would work for this baby.  Some of her newborn sleepers had some yellowish stains on them from spit up so I decided to soak them in OxiClean to see if I could get them out (it worked -yay!)  I stuck my hands in the bucket a couple of times to make sure they were covered, etc.  Today my hands are red, raw, and burning really bad.  I tried putting lotion on (don't have anything fragrance free though) and it was like they were on fire!  This hasn't ever happened to be before.  DH thinks it could be some sort of a burn from the OxiClean since my skin is a little extra sensitive these days.  Has this happened to anyone?  Anything I can put on them to make them feel better?  I was thinking maybe Vaseline, or I have some baby Aquaphor.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Chemical burn from OxiClean?

• Ouch....that's terrible! I would definitely try some vaseline. Or maybe soak them in an oatmeal bath then put on the vaseline. Also, DH has very very dry skin and the doctor recommended CeraVe lotion - its a bit expensive but its completely fragrance free and works really well. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"