April 2012 Moms
Options

Let's talk Bush... and not George W.

I can't see a damn thing down there anymore... and this may be TMI, but my discharge has gotten so heavy these days that sometimes pulling my underwear down is like ripping a bandaid off of my arm.

DH told me to use his sheers and trim but I'm still scared since I can't see... DH said he'd help me shave, but the doc told me at the beginning not to shave because I could end up introducing bacteria or cut myself and get an infection.  Would you have DH help you trim with his sheers or are does that make you uncomfortable? I'm going to take him up on it because I can't take the unsuccessful attempt at waxing every time I pull my underwear down.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Let's talk Bush... and not George W.

• Options

I don't think I would let DH shave me..I think there's just too great a risk for getting cut when someone else is shaving.

I'm still doing ok on my own...I think I'll get waxed when I can't take care of it myself anymore

• Options
    BWAAAHHAHAH! I distinctly remember the 3 days of my life that my vagina disappeared and two when they reappeared after my pregnancies. I am a pro at just feeling my way around. Most trimmers have guards on them to keep you from gnawing off your ladybits, so grab one and a mirror and do it yourself. I wouldn't want my H in charge of "scaping" my V. We are close, but not THAT close.
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm still ok as long as I lift my leg up on the side of the tub. That allows me to bend in an awkward position where I can still get the job done. I refuse to go to the hospital or any doctor appointments in the meantime without proper landscaping!

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

• Options

imageDragonflyBelle:
    BWAAAHHAHAH! I distinctly remember the 3 days of my life that my vagina disappeared and two when they reappeared after my pregnancies. I am a pro at just feeling my way around. Most trimmers have guards on them to keep you from gnawing off your ladybits, so grab one and a mirror and do it yourself. I wouldn't want my H in charge of "scaping" my V. We are close, but not THAT close.

Lol.. desperate times call for desperate measures! I didn't think about the mirror, THERE'S my solution. The thought of him doing it is super uncomfortable, but I AM SO DESPERATE! lol! My cha is so sensitive as it is that I'm terrified of something awful happening to it!

• Options
    i feel my way around. its probably not as neat as it was before but ive never not shaved since i ever had hair down there and i wont stop now.
  • Options

I can still see the goods if I tuck in my a@@. :P I did a little trimming yesterday.

I have a question, do they shave you at the hospital when delivering vaginally??

• Options
    I've been using trimmers to get it trimmed way down (the lowest setting) and then going in blind for the edges and such with a razor (sometimes I use a mirror but I can feel around fairly well). This is what I did last time and it was OK. I would like to go totally bare but I'm too chicken. I think this at least keeps it clean and well scaped. DH has helped if I'm really struggling.
  • Options
    imagecountdowntolockdown:

I have a question, do they shave you at the hospital when delivering vaginally??

No, and they rarely shave anything for surgery now due to the introduction of bacteria to a sterile field.

DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Options
    I shave blind everyday.  My doc has never said anything about not doing it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have the Schick Quattro with the trimmer attachment. I sit on the toilet with my legs spread and trim by feel. No shaving, trimming keeps it short and neat and no in-growns.
  • Options
    This past Friday was the day i realized i couldnt see much anymore....  I'm not sure what I'm going to do next time, I'm not sure DH will help.  I would like to get waxed, but the last time I got waxed I ended up with an allergic reaction and was at Target the day of my wedding buying benadryl...  so we'll not be doing that again!!!
  • Options
    I got waxed around 16 weeks and it is just now really all back. I use a lady trimmer with the gaurd on it and shave too. I can still see for now, but most likely won't be able to for long. I am pretty sure I am going to get waxed again. I really can't take it all jungle-like. The only reason I am aprehensice about waxing is cuz i read somewhere on TB that it gets to be super itchy when you have stitches and hair is growing in too.
  • Options
    I have been going in blind lately, and h has informed that I've missed some spots. :-p Since he isn't willing to help, I'm just going to have to deal with missed areas.
  • Options

lol

um.. I've been shaving all along. :-/ It is getting hard to see, though. H offered to help me shave, but I think I may end up getting a wax toward the end.

• Options
    DH helped me out with his trimmer with guard. He's done it a few times before pp so I trusted him to do it. Besides, he has a way better view than I do, especially now. I won't go bare, though, just neatly trimmed.
  • Options
    I'm trimming it down really short but haven't been going bare. I have no doubt my husband would help but it makes me nervous so I'm doing what I can until I get so big that I just can't manage on my own.
    WDE!!! Pictures, Images and Photos Auburn Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DD1- 12/26/05 DD2- 4/12/12
  • Options
    I decided this week that I couldn't see down there well enough any more.  I've always been a wax, but shave in between waxes kind of girl.  I just got a wax Saturday and will not be shaving again - I don't think.  I'm just going to go more frequently to get waxed.  It looks better growing back from a wax than it does when it grows back from shaving anyway. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been shaving blindly and DH keeps me trimmed up. I don't like what I call 80s bush. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    Can I just say, I love this thread? I've been thinking about using the trimmer, and now feel like I can!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imageesbeek:
    Can I just say, I love this thread? I've been thinking about using the trimmer, and now feel like I can!

LOL, liberation! You go girl! 

• Options
    I've been using a beard trimmer and just shaving the sides. It's working pretty well.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

• Options
    I have been doing trims with rounded scissors a couple times a month. It still looks a little wild down there, but it's better. I find that if I stand in front  of a mirror and have a stool to put up one leg, I can see well enough that I don't snip skin. With the rounded scissors, I can't stab myself or anything, so snipping skin is the only real concern. I think you can get them for a couple of bucks at Target, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Ulta, etc.
  • Options
    I would never let anyone other than myself, a surgeon or a professional esthetician down there with a razor.  When I can't see it anymore, it's just not going to get done.  End of story.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"