April 2012 Moms
Options

Would this look stupid?

I'm in the middle of a total nursery meltdow, so I need some help.  We painted this weekend and last night moved our glider in from DD's room.  The room is a lot smaller than we thought and there's no way the glider, crib, and dresser are all going to fit.  It would be fine except the stupid closet juts out into the room, eating up about a foot and a half of floor space.  We have bi-fold doors on the closet, so we have to leave about 6 inches of clearance on that wall for them to open.  If it wasn't for that we'd have enough room.  So, I think our best option is to get sliding closet doors.  The problem I'm having now is that our house has that lovely fake wood trim - it's painted a light wood color.  It's going to be next to impossible to match it.  Would it look awful to have white closet doors?  There is no trim around the closet itself, just the baseboard.  The ledge on the window is also white. You can see in this pic what the trim looks like and the white window ledge.

Whatever we do in the nursery we are eventually going to do in our room and DD's room so that they match. If you think that would look hideous, any other suggestions?  I really don't want to buy a new chair!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would this look stupid?

• Options
    What if you took the doors off altogether and put up curtains?  Then you can match the curtains to your room decor and I think that would look cute.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Since the window is white, I think it will look fine to do a white door!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageHeddarc:
    What if you took the doors off altogether and put up curtains?  Then you can match the curtains to your room decor and I think that would look cute.

This was my first suggestion and DH isn't going for it.  Our house is (hopefully) going on the market in the next year, so I think he wants to have something more permanent on there for showings, etc.

• Options
    What about painting the base boards white to match the closet doors? 
    Baby Hadley Grace - Born at 34 Weeks and 6 Days - Our little NICU miracle baby!
  • Options

imageacbeeman:
    What about painting the base boards white to match the closet doors? 

We'd have to do the whole house then, and change all the interior doors and that's just not something we can take on right now.

• Options
    I think a white door would be totally fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Your DD looks so cute in that picture! White doors will look fine. The trim doesn't stand out that much.
  • Options
    I think the white doors would look fine. Maybe some of the decals they have out there would even stick to wood doors, making them look more decorative with the colors/theme of the room if you're worried it'll stick out too much and not match?
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"