April 2012 Moms
Options

Great site to compare carriers and cool site for baby stuff LIP

Re: Great site to compare carriers and cool site for baby stuff LIP

• Options

Thanks, I've been pretty clueless when it comes to carriers. I like being able to match picture to name to facts. 

However, my question I have about carriers is: are there enough adjustments in most carriers to make it work for someone with a small torso. I am 4'10" and I feel like in a lot of these advertisements for carriers it looks like they go down to about the "model's" hips, which would basically start hindering my walking(assuming they are a more normal average height). Haha. 

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    thanks for this now I am second guessing my decision:(  I was all about a wrap now I am thinking a Beco but its so much money!...ugh!

Court
    DH 40  ME 40
    GD, Myasthenia Gravis, Factor V Leiden

DS #1 born via emergancy c-section 01/23/06 at 37w

DS#2 born via c-section 10/27/2007 at 36w due to PROM

DS #3 born via repeat c-section 04/13/2012 at 39w

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away." - George Carlin
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh what!!! Thats awesome. Thanks : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelauranicole91:

Thanks, I've been pretty clueless when it comes to carriers. I like being able to match picture to name to facts. 

However, my question I have about carriers is: are there enough adjustments in most carriers to make it work for someone with a small torso. I am 4'10" and I feel like in a lot of these advertisements for carriers it looks like they go down to about the "model's" hips, which would basically start hindering my walking(assuming they are a more normal average height). Haha. 

if you scroll down it will list pros/cons for various things including body types. :)

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Options

imagePunken13:
    thanks for this now I am second guessing my decision:(  I was all about a wrap now I am thinking a Beco but its so much money!...ugh!

its comparing apples to oranges..wrap vs carrier like a beco...don't 2nd guess...read and see what is best for you.  PS  I LOVE the Moby wrap...so easy and comfy for both mama and baby

PS I got the Butterfly II because I saw the great deal on mamabargains (2 of 4 have sold out already) but was torn between Gemini and Beco because the Beco doesn't face out but has the inner panel making it easier for baby to be placed on your back.  I may get the Gemini or Pikkolo down the road which allows facing out and hip carry (which is not a must for me, but I guess a bonus).

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Options

imageBonidiebabe:
    oh what!!! Thats awesome. Thanks : )

My pleasure darling!

Natalia
    Konstantino