Trouble TTC

scary experience!

This was my first month of Clomid with TI.  (dx unexplained after 14 months TTC)  Anyway, I did well on the medicine and tolerated it well.  I only had a little bit of a headache one or two days on it.  However, last night, before bed, I got extremely hot (hot flashes), felt panicky, heart racing...My LH surge went up today so it was probably hormonally related.  I called the nurse at my RE's office...I'm drinking lots of water.  Any other tips?  Thanks!

Re: scary experience!

• sorry, i dont have any tips but i'm sorry to hear you've had these negative side effects! hang in there!
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
    Me: 28, DH:27
    Married 11/17/2007
    5/11 - Progesterone low, prolactin high, HSG = normal
    Diagnosed with ovulatory dysfunction 7/2011. Clomid advised.
    Decided to wait, try to reduce stress & keep trying. No luck.
    11/2011: Cycle #1 with Clomid = BFN
    12/2011: Cycle #2 with Clomid, day 13 ultrasound revealed 3 mature follicles! doc added Ovidrel to assist. Hoping for a BFP!!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Prayers for all you ladies waiting and hoping out there.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much."
    - Blessed Teresa of Calcutta

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Panicky feelings and palpitations come with those hot flashes. They;ll start to subside over the next couple of weeks.

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekellyrn9956:

Panicky feelings and palpitations come with those hot flashes. They;ll start to subside over the next couple of weeks.

This exactly.  I take Clomid at night and it seems to help with the side effects.

Brandon Le born 9/9/13 as a result of IVF#1

• Thanks for the reassurance, ladies. "This too shall pass.." 
  • imagekellyrn9956:

Panicky feelings and palpitations come with those hot flashes. They;ll start to subside over the next couple of weeks.

This. And some nausea. I always start to feel kind of nauseous when the hot flashes kick in. 

imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I guess I was a little surprised because I thought the side effects would only be around taking the meds. (days 5-9) versus after taking them...
  • Clomid is seriously evil. It gave me terrible hot flashes, headaches, nausea...not nice at all. I switched to Femara after 3 months on Clomid and let me tell ya - all of my side effects went away this cycle. Don't panic, it's totally the Clomid causing your symptoms.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • I've never taken clomid but I read that it has a way longer half life than femara. So where femara side effects should only be around when you take the pill, clomid s/e can stick around longer. Hope you feel better! When I took lupron I found it helped to sleep in nighties (not shorts or pants but nighties) something about that helped me not get so gross at night.  
  • imagematthewsbride05:
    I guess I was a little surprised because I thought the side effects would only be around taking the meds. (days 5-9) versus after taking them...

Clomid has an extremely long half-life. It will be in your system for quite awhile.

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...