April 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone else still dealing with bad skin?

I was always nervous I'd have less than perfect skin while pregnant, but could never have imagined what I'd be dealing with the whole time! I still get daily breakouts, blackheads, and have red marks from old breakouts that will take months to fade. It's like a never ending cycle! I never would've dreamed last summer I'd still be dealing with this in January. It's definitely improved from what it started out as, but I wouldn't describe it as good yet still. Is anyone else still dealing with crap skin?? I have PCOS and am guessing this is just how my body reacts, I've come to accept it since there's not much I can do, but I still get down about it. I have my maternity pics coming up in 2 weeks, my shower in 3 weeks, and had hoped to be looking normal by then (or closer to it) but I guess not :-(
IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Anyone else still dealing with bad skin?

• Options

My skin has been less than perfect. I thought I got over that in college. I find it the worst when I lean on my hands - at the computer where you set your face on your hand and lean on your elbow. I don't know if it helps but washing your hands on a regular basis will probably keep from spreading oils around.

ALSO You are looking like a super cute pregnant lady!! LOVE the pic!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have as well. It's been crazy. First was my face, then chest, and now my back. Yuck! I've got the OK from my doc to use some face wash from Clearasil to help with my skin. I have to say, it has helped. I use it in the shower and at times will also rub it on my shoulders and back if I can reach. If I don't use it, I notice a difference.
    Mr and Mrs EST 8.19.06

DD#1 3.28.12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Redjam, I am like OCD about washing my hands...lol!  And I don't touch my face either because I know that can lead to more breakouts...I know it's hormonal because the majority of my 'bad' breakouts' are in the same spots on the sides of my chin and right under my chin/upper neck, which is a hormonal hotspot. 

Steffie...I get them on my chest and back too, so it makes me feel doubly self-conscious in wearing clothing with an exposed neckline...it's like I feel like I need to be in a turtleneck up to my chin 24/7!  I should ask my doc about an acne wash at my next appointment.  I currently spot treat with a presciption antibiotic gel, erithromyocin, which was cleared by my doc, and that does help some in healing infections.

IMG_0293

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageredjam12:

ALSO You are looking like a super cute pregnant lady!! LOVE the pic!

Oh, and thank you!!  If it wasn't for my icky skin I would feel super cute. 

IMG_0293

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I was having a terrible time several months ago and someone (gisa, maybe?) recommended the Belli pregnancy face wash... it is miracle stuff!! Kinda on the expensive side, but well worth the $22 I paid for the bottle. I found it at Ulta, but you can order on amazon I think. It's definitely working and keeping my skin clear, because I left it at my parent's house and had to go without it for a week and my skin was all broken out by the end of the week. It is drying, so you need a good moisturizer to pair with it, but I can deal with dryness... I can't deal with gross zits everywhere!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options

My back looks like I've been doing steroids.  It's not cute.  I've been using the Belli wash, and pampering myself with face masks to keep my face under control.

BTW I have that same purple shirt you're wearing in your sig!  I loooove it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, my skin is awful. I also have PCOS but my skin was under really good control with the use of acne meds pre-pregnancy. I have a prescription for topical clindamycin for my face now (which my OB said was safe), but my chest and back are awful. I hate it. I really hope my skin goes back to normal this summer!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm right there with you. I know they say that "girls steal your beauty," but I have a feeling this is going to be the most poosty, Gucci sunglasses wearing little boy, based on the acne covering my entire body. My face is starting to clear up so that I only have .... oh.... a dozen blemishes at a time. My arms/shoulders though are relentless. I've been getting a line of pimples that outline my armpit on my back that's highly attractive, and now my bump is constantly getting pimples. I will definitely NOT get any bare belly shots that are "cute" before this baby comes out.

FWIW though, I think you look adorable! And people tell me all the time that I look cute as a pregnant lady, even though I feel so gross! I think people just see your glow and belly and don't even notice the acne (I honestly can't see any acne in your photo). I was shocked to find out that acne was a problem with pregnancy, because I can't remember a single woman that I thought..."Oh, acne hit her hard with this baby!" People just don't see it, but we obsess because there are so many changes with our bodies to obsess about. 

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I too have terrible skin since getting KU. While I get the occasional zit on my face, my chest and back look like a 16 year old boys'....disgusting. I also have huge dry patches on my upper legs (just above my knees) and on my butt. I look so awful I don't even want DH looking at me. Plus, I still don't look pregnant...just fat. I havn't allowed a single picture to be taken of me since about the time I found out I was pregnant. My shower is on the 29th, and I think I might have to ban cameras. I don't think it's gonna go away til after LO makes his grand entrance into the world...
  • Options

I didn't have perfect skin to start out with, I usually get a break out once or twice a month right before my period and the occasional one that would come and go.  I really like Proactive because it seems to be the only thing that tames it better than anything else.   Since being pregnant I have better skin but not great skin and seems like my shoulders neck and back are getting most of the breaking out.  I felt a bump on the side of my neck the other day and had DH take a look....he said it was a cluster of blackheads....really?!  a cluster?!!!!   i guess I would rather deal with body acne than face acne, but good grief!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

my face was a wreck by the time i was 6 weeks, and didn't start clearing up until... october at least. it's better than it was, but i still have more zits than i used to.
    my biggest problem is my chest and back. i have 3 different band-aids on my chest right now so i'll stop picking at it. ugh.

i told myself this morning, "you have 3 months to get your chest looking decent." i plan on breast feeding, so it will be exposed a lot (most nursing shirts i have seen are low-cut).

it is frustrating to feel so gross.

• Options
    Ugh I've had the worst skin since getting KU. I have a line of red marks from former zits that keep recurring on both of my cheeks where I apply blush. I've switched blushes, washed the brush a bazillion times and they are still there! Thank the lord for good concealer! :)

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"