New Jersey Babies
Options

Birth centers in northern NJ....

I know that northern NJ generally has birth centers that work within hospitals, but I'm wondering if any of you have advice. My husband calling the Childbirth and Women's Wellness Center in Clifton and Avalon Center for Women's Health in Caldwell today to see if they accept our insurance. 

I'm not a fan of hospitals and I really want to avoid unnecessary medical interventions. I want to be able to move throughout labor and would like water to at least be an option. We've really just started looking at all of our possibilities.

FYI: We aren't considering a homebirth as we rent and need to be able to use our insurance.

Thank you! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birth centers in northern NJ....

• Options
    You should be able to get that experience with either of those practices.  But I would suggest you personally meet with them before deciding.  They both have several midwives in the group and chances are that you will like some more than others.  I liked Morristown Hospital a lot. Hackettstown midwives attend there also.  I'm not sure about Mountainside but water is definitely an option at Morristown.  You might also want to interview Dr Judy Banks who attends out of Morristown.  Even though she is a doctor, she is a favorite among doulas in the area and has been know to attend waterbirth and twin vaginal births. 
    R & R: est 2003 LOs: 4/2005, 10/2007, 2/2011 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks so much, rbytsdy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi im a Doula in essex county ,NJ ...i have done a few births with Lonnie morris and Rachel Siegel from the childbirth center in Clifton , nj..they are amazing!!! you will love them both ! good luck ! and if your interested in a doula let me know! my prices are very good since im newly certified ..blessings on your pregnancy !

Kathryn :) 

• Options

Thank you for the recommendation, Kathryn. We aren't sure what we're doing with doulas yet; I will keep you in mind!

Erin 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"