April 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone NOT wanting a Friday the 13th baby? (Stolen from Jan BMB)

I tried and failed at making this a clicky post. Lol. 

Some January moms were saying they hope they don't go into labor today because they want to avoid having a "Friday the 13th baby". There is a Friday the 13th in April so I was just curious to see what you ladies think. I know that is some of your guys' due date as well so I'm sure y'all would care less. :-)

I wouldn't mind it. I think it would be kind of cool actually. But I'm weird like that. :-) As long as baby arrives happy and healthy that's all that matters.

It's not like that child will be the next Jason Voorhees...but what do I know. Lol.

So anywho...what's your take on the situation?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone NOT wanting a Friday the 13th baby? (Stolen from Jan BMB)

• Options
    I already have one Friday the 13th baby, and I'm due April 12, so it would be kind awesome if I had another.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The only reason I don't want the Friday the 13 baby in April is because that is my super annoying aunt's birthday and she would never leave poor Owen alone. 
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It wouldnt bother me in the least. I was married on the 13th of December (not a friday, but still). I dont put much weight in things like that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ok so I guess i have to admit I am a number freak. I told my DH I wouldn't get married in the year 2012 or 2013 cuz I didn't like those numbers. I told him I was in no rush and we could do it either 2011 or 2014. He picked 2011 so 11/11/11 it was. I know it was a huge wedding day, but I loved it. I kinda don't like that my baby will be born in 2012 but I have gotten over it. I know it really doesn't mean anything. To answer your question...I would prob freak if i had a Friday the 13th baby in 2012. Yes, I am a total wierdo.

• Options

I am due on Friday the 13th. My mother is super superstitious. When my sister and I were kids she gave a choice on if we wanted to "risk" going to school that day. It was something she got from her parents and my sister got it from her. Thank goodness I could care less. She is freaking out today about the idea of me having our daughter on Friday the 13th in April.

My take...My very "must be the center of attention" "steal your thunder every chance I get sister" was born on April 14th. So I am hoping to have the baby like a week early or even late to avoid being closer to her bday! 

• Options

I was born on May 13

At 2:13 in the afternoon

I was 13 days past my due date

I turned 13 on Friday the 13th 

I was the 13th grandchild on my mom's side of the family 

AND there are 13 letters in my full maiden name....

13 is my lucky #!!!!

BRING IT ON!!!!

DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Options
    My DD was born on New Years Eve... so I'm hoping that this one will get a cool date as well.  Maybe Friday the 13th will be it!

imageimage

• Options
    My due date is April 10th (well, one scan said the 12th but I'm sticking with the 10th since it is in line with my LMP.), but my dad's birthday is the 13th. He isn't begging me to have him on that day or anything. But, I think that's when it is going to happen. Only because on my dad's side of the family my grandfather, his sister, and his son all have the same birthday. So, the theory is that my dad will start a tradition of his own. Haha. It wouldn't bother me at all. I also joke with DH that we are so unlucky that we would be the ones to have a baby on the "unluckiest" day. Big Smile I guess time will tell.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got engaged on Friday the 13th so it's a lucky day for me :). I wouldn't mind at all. 
  • Options

13 is the best number ever! I was telling a girl at work today that I would love to have the baby on the 13th. It's mine & Dh's favorite number. We were also married on June 13th. My parents were actually married on Friday the 13th 27 years ago. So I guess it's not so unlucky afterall.

• Options
    DD is a Friday the 13th baby and I'd love to have a Friday the 13th baby in April.  Two of my closest family members were born on Friday the 13th too.  I think its kinda neat.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageBonidiebabe:

Ok so I guess i have to admit I am a number freak. I told my DH I wouldn't get married in the year 2012 or 2013 cuz I didn't like those numbers. I told him I was in no rush and we could do it either 2011 or 2014. He picked 2011 so 11/11/11 it was. I know it was a huge wedding day, but I loved it. I kinda don't like that my baby will be born in 2012 but I have gotten over it. I know it really doesn't mean anything. To answer your question...I would prob freak if i had a Friday the 13th baby in 2012. Yes, I am a total wierdo.

I'm also a number freak, and while the whole "Friday the 13th" thing wouldn't freak me out, I would be slightly annoyed with the date 4/13/12, only because it doesn't flow well. Flame me. I don't care. I know it's stupid. I love my current due date of 4/8/12, because it makes sense in numbers.

My niece is 4/12/07, and 4+1+2=7. My anniversary is 7/3/10 with the same type of math. My nephew's is 9/3/4, which bothered me until I realized that the 03/04 was sequential, and that 3 squared was 9, so the numbers at least kind of "worked." I know. I'm crazy.

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I am actually hoping that she come on Friday the 13th, which it won't happen because how many people deliver on there due date, but it would be great.

I got married on Devil's night in a Catholic Church too, so it would fit who we are.  We love Halloween and all the fun things that come with it.  Friday the 13th has always been a lucky day for me. 

Here is hoping!

Valarie Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    No thanks. My dad died on a Friday the 13th, and my mom very nearly died on another. So although I am not superstitious in the least, I would rather not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I was born on the 13th and every 8ish years I have a Friday the 13th birthday.  I think it's kinda fun and don't mind it at all!  I was born at 7:07pm so I figure the lucky 7's help offset any bad vibes!

Pish posh to those women who don't want to give birth today!  As far as I'm concerned today is the BEST day for a birthday!  (I might be bias though Wink )

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Actually I had a feeling the baby would be born on the 13th before I even knew it was Fri the 13th, lol.  I'm due the 8th and went 3 days over due (induced) with DD1 and 2 weeks late with DD2 (on my own), so I just have a feeling this one will be late too (DD3 was 5 days early but I think it's only cause I had pre-e).   I wouldn't mind it, I think it'd be cool, then again I also got married on Halloween, in costume, but we're just weird like that, lol.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would LOVE a Friday the 13th baby. It was my grandfathers birthday and when I started to think about if I could be pregnant last summer, all I could think about was an April 13th baby.
  • Options
    I wouldn't care at all. I am due the 14th though, so it's quite the possibility (if I even GO that long!) I was married on June 14th so another 14th would be cool!.. even though April 14th is also my moms bday...oh well..
  • Options

I don't mind because of superstition, but I DO mind because it's a week after my due date! :P

I'm a freak about having a March baby (sorry to anyone born in March). I just don't like that month. Maybe because I live in the Midwest. It's 31 days of crappy winter-ish weather when you are just SO ready for spring. 

Holding out for April!! I'm due on the 6th. 

• Options
    Doesn't bother me at all as long as baby is ok coming 12 days before she's due! The only day I prefer her not be born is on my nephews birthday on the 18th. Bad enough I'm going to most likely coordinate my party dates with my SIL since they are going to mst likely be close. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    I think it would be cool. Hubby is a Friday the 13th baby (March). I'm due April 16th so it's pretty possible my baby girl will be born on the 13th!
  • Options

My brother's birthday is April 13th and I think he'd be thrilled to become a first-time uncle on his birthday. I wouldn't have a problem with it!

That's two weeks early for me though. The thought makes me a little jittery, but I guess if the baby's ready then it's ready!

• Options
    Today is my birthday - No qualms having a baby on a Friday the 13th here!  I'm due on the 6 so it's not outside the realm of possibility that I would be induced one week later on the 13th.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lol, I hadn't even thought about this, and my due date is April 12. I'm not superstitious at all, so I don't care.
  • Options

I'm due on the 13th! I was originially due on the 15th...

My fiance keeps saying that we're going to have a freak snow storm that day lol

• Options

I'm due the 13th, and though I doubt he will actually come on that day, I would love it! My brother was born on Friday the 13th and my mom's birthday is a 13th. 13 is a lucky number in my family so I love it. 

Married my best friend September 18 2010

10/10 Stopped BCP & Started Charting

1/11-4/11 Spotting 6 days before AF

4/11 Dx PCOS, FSH 8.7, LH 19.7, Start Mircette

6/11 Stopped BCP, return to charting, TTC w/o meds, plan tostart Clomid 9/11

7/31/11 BFP! Beta #1 33 @ 12dpo, Beta #2 222 @ 15dpo, Beta #3 5,181 @ 22dpo!!

9/9/11 1st ultrasound= 1 beautiful baby and heartbeat, right on track! EDD 4/13/12

NT scan on 10/3, IT'S A BOY!

DS 4/9/12, DD 1/15/15 

My BFP chart!

• Options
    I'm another one who was born on Friday the 13th.  DS was born on January 13th and my EDD is April 13th so I am really hoping that this LO comes on my EDD.  I think all of us having birthdays on the 13th is really cool and Friday the 13th is a super lucky day IMHO!
  • Options
    My mom was a Friday the 13th baby (April 13th actually) and she has always joked that it was the luckiest day of her life.  I would have no issues with a Friday the 13th baby except for the fact that I'm not due until the 28th...
  • Options

My due date was originally the 11th.  Then it got moved to the 13th..my eyes widened and I looked at the doctor and said, "Uh, that's Friday the 13th!"  And we both just laughed.

I mentioned it to my students and one of my boys said that I should name her Freddie.  =X   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"