2nd Trimester
Options

Severe Pain-Tailbone?

My tailbone is somehow causing me extreme pain. I've been up almost 2 days because it stops me from sleeping. I've tried Tylenol, and nothing...then I tried Tiger Balm and now I have tingling, yet equally as painful feeling around the bone.

Anyone else have this?

Is there relief anywhere!? I almost fell down the stairs a few moments ago because the way I stepped sent shock waves up and down my spine.

I feel like an old lady....maybe I need LifeAlert ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Severe Pain-Tailbone?

• Options
    I had it with my DD and have it ocassionally with this baby. The bigger I get, the worse it gets. I could barely walk after 36 weeks with my last b/c it was so bad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

I had it earlier on. It was so bad that I was crying in pain...and I've had 4 knee surgeries, so I can take the pain. If I wasn't anti-Tylenol, I would have taken some. 

The only thing that helped me was laying down and being completely still. Hopefully it goes away soon. 

imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you are sitting at a desk all day it will be worse. That's when it kills me. I sat on a feather pillow with my feet elevated at my desk with my DD. I'm about to have to do it again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I had that with #1... my dr told me it was bc of the change in hormones... I just used a heating pad.. My dr told me no rubs (bengay etc.) nothing really worked.. feel better!
  • Options
    I have severe tailbone pain when I have been sitting for more than 1-2 hours (it feels bruised/broken).  The only thing that helps me is to lay on my side, usually it feels better by the next day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    YES! I've been having this for the last week & a half and I also had it with my son...much worse this time around though. My OB gave me a muscle relaxer last Friday because I could barely move and that sort of worked (but mostly just put me to sleep)...But I'm a weiner about taking any unecessary medication while preg, so I've only taken it when it's really bad. I also went to the chiropractor for an adjustment which didn't seem to make a world of difference, but made it somewhat better. I guess the bottom line is that there really isn't much they can do about it, but I would call my OB anyway. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"