Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Baby sitting low in uterus?

I had a regular appointment today and everything was fine basically, but we confirmed what I've been thinking anyway, this baby is still sitting super low in my belly.  My utuerus size was normal, almost all the way to my belly button, but the baby is still down basically on top of my pubic bone.  I'm kind of scared because of course Dr. Google freaked me out!  I guess this also explains why I've had so much more hip and pubic bone pain, not to mention lighting crotch like crazy!  Does anyone have any experience with this that can reassure me that he will move up eventually and be just fine?  They didn't check with an u/s and my a/s isn't until Feb 3rd, but at my other u/s no one ever said anything about the placenta being in a weird place or any other problems.  Granted it was 12 weeks the last time the doctor actually looked!  I feel like my doc's aren't super thorough, they never do any internal checks at all...they ask questions, feel my belly, listen with the doppler and send me on my way.  IDK...maybe it's no biggie, but I'm a little worried.  Luckily I can feel him moving all the way down there so I know he's fine, I just hope this won't lead to future problems...

Thanks for any thoughts or advice!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby sitting low in uterus?

• Options
    I don't have any experience, but I would stay away from Dr Google, and maybe call your OB to ask some follow up questions. 
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • Options
    My baby looovved laying low. He only actually moved up after 20 weeks...maybe 21 or 22. Then for a few weeks he was really high. Now he's actually down low again, but I've been experiencing complications recently, so that's the only reason he went low again. (But thats not why - it was fine that he was low!) I wouldn't worry too much about it - I was told some body types kind of force babies low sometimes, too, and that's just where they prefer to be!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is currently sitting really low and has been for my entire pg.  Her favorite position involves wedging both of her elbows into my hip joints - its just where she likes to sit.  Because of this I've had a lot of lightening crotch and some leg nerve pain but no other problems.  My placenta is normal and based on my ultrasounds LO is healthy.  Don't worry - some babies just like to sit down low. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Missed m/c 10/25/10 @ 11.5 weeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageEris-Alexis:
    I don't have any experience, but I would stay away from Dr Google, and maybe call your OB to ask some follow up questions. 

Amen to that!  The minute I read something scary I stopped reading and decided maybe to just ask you ladies before I got really freaked out!  I'll probably check in with the OB about it too if I get too worried!

• Options

imageCPhillz:
    My baby looovved laying low. He only actually moved up after 20 weeks...maybe 21 or 22. Then for a few weeks he was really high. Now he's actually down low again, but I've been experiencing complications recently, so that's the only reason he went low again. (But thats not why - it was fine that he was low!) I wouldn't worry too much about it - I was told some body types kind of force babies low sometimes, too, and that's just where they prefer to be!

Ok, that makes me feel better.  I hope my LO moves up at some point, but I guess at the a/s I'll also make sure they tell me where the placenta is and reassure me that everything is just fine in there!  

• Options

imageNY-allie:
    My LO is currently sitting really low and has been for my entire pg.  Her favorite position involves wedging both of her elbows into my hip joints - its just where she likes to sit.  Because of this I've had a lot of lightening crotch and some leg nerve pain but no other problems.  My placenta is normal and based on my ultrasounds LO is healthy.  Don't worry - some babies just like to sit down low. 

Good to know!  The doctor did make me feel like this was unusual, which being unusual in pregnancy never seems like a good thing!  This little guy is wreaking havoc on my hips, but hey maybe my lungs and ribs will get a break?  Thank you so much for making me feel better!

• Options
    Little baby Walter is snuggled way down in my uterus (it's even hard for the sonographer to get the right measurements).  Granted, he has no where else to go because his sister is on top of him...but no one has every said anything about it being concerning that he is that low.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"