26 weeks pain when walking — The Bump
High-Risk Pregnancy

26 weeks pain when walking

Hello. I am almost 26 weeks pregnant and lately have had pain/pressure when walking. Every step hurts. It is my lower abdomen area. I have also been having back pain/cramps. Figures I just had my doctor appt and didn't have any issues then. Not sure if I should be worried? It feels like I need to hold up my belly (I am overweight as it is and have a desk job so am normally not active). I don't have the lower pain when sitting, but the back ache comes and goes.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 26 weeks pain when walking

• I had the same kind of pain a couple of weeks ago, and they did an ultrasound to check cervical length and see how the baby was doing.  Cervix was nice and long and closed, but LO's head was pushing right up against it.  It hurt really bad to stand or walk for about a week, but it has gotten better now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Usually, if pain is relieved by changing positions, there is nothing to worry about.  My little guy seems to go through a growth spurt, and it takes my body a couple days to adjust.  I had a lot of pressure/pain around 22 weeks, and my doctor had me come in... but I am on bed rest for incompetent cervix.  Everything was fine, it went away in a day or so.  Dr just shrugged and chalked it up to "pregnancy".

I know some women really like the materity support belts - you should check that out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like round ligament pain.  I had the same thing from around that same time.  Like PP said try looking into maternity support belts.  They sell basic ones at Target or more supportive ones at specialty stores.  I have been using one called a prenatal cradle.  It took a couple days to get used to it but it has been a great help.  I was also getting horrible sciatic pain, at times I could barely stand but as long as I wear the support belt it has almost completely gone away.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards