Health & Exercise
Options

Prenatal vitamins

Just thought I'd share...

We're planning to start trying to get pregnant in about a year, but I wanted to get started on prenatal multivitamins early.  (I've heard it's a good idea.)  I found some really awesome ones, but they were only available to order online, so I signed up with the company to get a discount.

Just in case anyone else is interested, here's the link to the info...

https://www.amerisciences.com/retail/items/800017/info.htm

That's the "Prenatal Complete", but you can get it without the bottle of Omega Max, too.

You can order at MyrasHealthShop.com.

Re: Prenatal vitamins

• Options

I'll check into that. I know that prenatals are incredibly fantastic for you, but I dont know if you HAVE to take them pre-pregnancy. I took tablets of Folic acid before I became pregnant. Just simple disolvable Trader Joe's brand type. Not expensive, but real good for you. What folic acid does is help you conceive and reduce the chance for neural tube defects in you child. I actually took it because my mom told me. Haha! But guess what? I became pregnant on my wedding night. Hmmm...

Oh yeah, keep eating healthy!

• Options
    Most prenatal vitamins are the same. ?I brought my prenatal vitamins, which are just CVS generic prenatal vitamins, and my OB (who is a high risk OB at a top hospital) said that they are all the same. ?Just double check that there is more folic acid (I think 800 mcg) and iron.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I meant to say that I brought them into my OB's office to check that they were good PNVs.
  • Options
    yes it is a great idea to take prenatal vitamins before you start TTC, not to mention they do great things for your hair and nails!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

When I told the doctor I was TTC she put me on a multivitamin!!! As long as it has folic acid in it. She switch me to a prenatal once I got pregnant!

• Options
    My doctor is of the school of thought that all women of child bearing age who are having sex should be on prenatals. I know several women past child bearing age who still take them.  They're designed to get your body as healthy as possible -- why not take them?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"