April 2012 Moms
Options

About to slap a...

ok, maybe not...but I am so over people feeling the need to tell me what I should and shouldn't eat during pregnancy. This morning I was making my daily bowl of grits adding shredded cheese, salt and pepper...and a lady (that I don't talk to like that) decides to put in her two cents and say "why are you going to eat something like that and add all that salt and processed cheese...especially while carrying that baby"? Seriously??? I did not ask you for your opinion...I simply responded and said, "because that is how I like them and I eat them every morning" and she walked away...I mean really...my baby is healthy...I am healthy...so please, don't try to tell me what I should and shouldn't eat or drink for that manner...just because it wasn't ok 25 years ago when you had kids, or even if it wasn't ok for you and your pregnancy, I'm not going to do anything to purposefully harm my unborn child...you had your pregnancy, let me have mine and handle it how I choose to...ok, vent over! lol
Jess

Re: About to slap a...

• Options

I feel your pain, and it irritates me too! Althought my problem is my own mother who asks me what I'm eating and if I'm exercising on a weekly basis....I think a stranger offering unsolicited advice like that would piss me off too! 

• Options
    Breathe and enjoy those grits!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was really hoping to open this and have it say "hoe" :0)

Ignore people and their comments, they can do what  they want with their kid and you do what you feel is best for yours. And enjoy your grits!

• Options

I got that yesterday on FB.  I posted this:

"Microwaved ham, cheese, red onion, cranberry, mayo on toasted bread.  Yep, I can safely say I can check the "weird food cravings" box off the list".

Somone (a nurse), responded with "be careful with deli meats when you are preggo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' 

She used that many exclamation points..   I responded with "thats why i microwaved it... cooks the meat, kills the "germs".    She was like "oh, they didnt teach us that in nursing school... good to know!"

I was ready to cat fight.

• Options

I am seriously baffled by some of the comments people get. No one I interact with would say something like that. Well.. okay, maybe one secretary here at work (she got onto me about my apple being from Argentina instead of the US once), but I try to avoid her anyway.lol

And shredded cheese? Isn't that basically just regular cheese that has been shredded? oh noes!

• Options
    WTH, it's not like you were snorting crack or something!
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"