Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

FYI - if you avoid Green Tea in the 2WW

You may not have to!

I decided to give up coffee starting today but needed something to take the edge off.  I quickly reached for my green tea, but then realized I'm in the 2WW and the newbie link says it can cause uterine contractions which could be bad for implantation.   So off to google I went and this article (Clicky) actually says that it's *herbal* teas that can induce uterine contractions, not green tea!  So yay!  It even lists the herbs that can possibly cause the contractions which is nice because even when in doubt I could check and make sure my green tea doesn't have any of those in it.  And it doesn't.

That is all.  Carry on.  :)

Mommy to
Tyler (10/29/08)
and Lily (4/21/13)

Re: FYI - if you avoid Green Tea in the 2WW

• Options
    Really interesting (even though I'm not much of a tea drinker either way). Thanks for sharing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    NP, hope it helps some!
    Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    But there is nothing in that article that says green tea does not as well. It simply says that some herbal teas can. I don't think that article is enough in itself to say not to avoid it during the 2ww. I don't think gt really does all that much to inhibit implantation but still this article says nothing about green tea.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Well, orgasms cause uterine contraction too, and I'm sure as hell not avoiding those during my 2ww!
    BFP #1 9/7/12. Loved for a month, and lost 10/11/12.
    Antijenic Drift - my blog
  • Options
    I've read that what is also bad about green tea is that it inhibits absorbtion (<that does not look right for some reason lol) of folic acid, so you shouldn't take it around the same time as your prenatal. I think give it 2 hours is what I read- I might be making that up though.
    TTC #1 05/2011- 04/2012; TTA  05/12- 05/14 due to DH health problems, nursing school. TTC #1 (again) since 05/2014. CP 08/04/14 at 4w3d 

• Options

imageAp21ril:
    I've read that what is also bad about green tea is that it inhibits absorbtion (<that does not look right for some reason lol) of folic acid, so you shouldn't take it around the same time as your prenatal. I think give it 2 hours is what I read- I might be making that up though.

I read that, too. I try to only drink it in the morning/afternoon. I take my PNV at dinner.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I specificially had a large herbal tea today (to avoid green for this reason and black for caffeine) :(
                        imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"