April 2012 Moms
Options

OKay sleeping positions... spill it!

For whatever reason I am SUPER comfy sleeping on my back... no matter how I conform myself to my gazillion pillows... I wake up on my back... oh boy! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OKay sleeping positions... spill it!

• Options
    I flip from right side to left side all night long. I do have my pillows slanted upwards under my head and sleep on my back sometimes. I figure as long as I'm not laying flat it's ok.
  • Options
    Me too! Every single night, it never fails!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH wakes up if I roll onto my back and puts me back on my side! (we sleep close enough together and he's a light enough sleeper to notice every time). He's always half-awake when he does it and I don't think he remembers it the next morning, but I think it's sweet that he's sooooooo concerned about all of the "dangers" of back-sleeping.
  • Options

imageImThisBabysMom:
    I flip from right side to left side all night long. I do have my pillows slanted upwards under my head and sleep on my back sometimes. I figure as long as I'm not laying flat it's ok.

THIS!  That's me to a T.  I wake about 4 or 5 times too....sucks.

• Options

I'll admit I sleep on my back. For the past few nights laying on my sides put my legs to sleep. Ugh.

ETA: this also includes a body pillow and a standard pillow for support between the legs or supporting the hips or what not. 

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm all over the place... I'm a back sleeper.  I have the today's mom pillow and I wedge a second pillow behind me so I can't go on my back... it sucks.

imageimage

• Options
    I have been really good about sleeping on my sides. I mostly stay on the left but often I wake up with my arm asleep or my ear hurting from the pressure and then I'll flip to my other side. I sleep with my Snoogle and it helps keep me immobolized.
  • Options
    I am a restless sleeper, so I'm all over the place.  I'm often on my back, but most often on my right side.  Honestly, I'm not caring too much about the back sleeping thing--apparently, my body will tell me when I shouldn't do it anymore.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Options
    I try to sleep on my left side, but - I'm not kidding here - my cat gets really pissed if I sleep in any way other than on my right side. She sleeps on the right side of the bed and she has to have me facing her. Otherwise she sits up, stares at me, and purrs really loudly until I wake up and roll over. It's creepy and funny all at once. 
  • Options
    I start on my right side, and then constantly flip from side to side all night long.  Whenever my arm falls asleep under the pillow on that side, I move to the other side.  The problem is that it takes SO long to change from one side to another because my groin/pelvic area hurts so much, and I have to move my body pillow to the other side too, so sometimes I actually fall asleep halfway between changing positions, and wake up on my back!  Whoops!
  • Options

imageChelseyB5186:
    I start on my right side, and then constantly flip from side to side all night long.  Whenever my arm falls asleep under the pillow on that side, I move to the other side.  The problem is that it takes SO long to change from one side to another because my groin/pelvic area hurts so much, and I have to move my body pillow to the other side too, so sometimes I actually fall asleep halfway between changing positions, and wake up on my back!  Whoops!

Ugh, I hate that too!  And then I worry that I'll wake DH every time I have to do the side/pillow shift.

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Options
    I sleep on my left side for the most part but often switch to my back or half way on my back and side. I don't bother flipping to my right anymore because 1 - it hurts and is annoying 2 - it causes a BH and 3 - my snoogle is set up and I am not switching that thing around in the night.

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    I am constantly flipping from left/right, although my right side is more comfortable.
  • Options
    I don't move at all in my sleep.  I alternate sleeping on my left and right side, usually depending upon whether I go to be first or second.  In seven years of living together, we still don't have designated sides of the bed, so whoever goes to bed first takes the inside, or whoever has to get up earliest takes the outside.  
    Belly Dweller: EDD 04/22/2014
    Big Boy: Born 05/2012
  • Options

I tend to stay on my right side because it faces out of the bed...and use my snoogle. But I always end up on my back too cause aching hips ail me! I asked my OB about it and he said its really not that big of a deal. I still feel guilty! 

• Options

I'm usually a back sleeper, so I got the Boppy maternity body pillow. I sleep with half between my knees and the other half behind me to keep me from rolling over. So far, it's working. 

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am still sleeping on my back 80% of the time. I mentioned it to my doctor and he said not to worry about it at all that as long as I am comfortable it's ok. He said that when it becomes a problem with blood flow is when it is uncomfortable so your body will tell you to move.
    aka- DavidsBride2Be
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I sleep on my sides or on my back.  I wake up if my back becomes an issue and move, but I also now have to wake up to roll over from 1 side to the other.  I'm getting used to it but it still kind of sucks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The only way I'm comfortable is on my back. My OB said the "OMGEEEEE DON'T SLEEP ON YOUR BACK OR YOU AND YOUR BABY WILL DIEEEEE" hysteria is completely false. She said you can sleep in whatever position is comfortable for your body... back, stomach, side, etc. and your body will let you know if something's wrong.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options

My "goal" position is on my right side hugging the snoogle, my legs straight out with the bottom part of the snoogle between them, and then another pillow behind me under my hip/butt. I find with this position I am less likely to wake up with back pain, and I don't like sleeping on my left side because then I'm facing my snoring DH and the cat that is usually wedged between us.

That being said, I usually wake up a few times on my back and have to flip over. At least with the snoogle I'm usually at sort of an angle rather than flat on my back.

• Options

I generally sleep on my left side with a Boppy wedge pillow under my belly. Sometimes I'll sleep so my back is flat, but the lower half of my body is still on its side (sounds more complicated than it is). if I wake up in the middle of the night, I switch to my right, still with the pillow under my belly.

I would give my left arm to be able to sleep on my stomach again. Haven't done that in at least 6 months!

Mr and Mrs EST 8.19.06

DD#1 3.28.12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I sleep on my back at times I just prop myself up a little more with an extra pillow or two.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #1-BFP 08-22-09 ~ M/C 08-31-09 at 5 weeks 6 days
    #2-BFP 08-6-11 ~ Due 04/18 ~ born via c-section April 22, 2012
    My Blog
  • Options
    I sleep on my sides and my back. I generally go to bed before my husband does and I start out on my right side and the only time I lay on my back is when it feels like my legs are asleep or restless leg syndrome and when that happens I roll over on my back and keep my legs bent to get blood flowing in my legs. Now when my DH comes to bed he makes sure I stay on my sides for the most part. I can only sleep on my left side when he comes to bed.
  • Options

I fall asleep on my stomach with my right leg pulled up to raise me up just a bit. I also slept on my stomach all 9 months with DS.    

• Options
    I have tossed and turned my whole life, so nothing has changed. I have a fortress set up in the middle of my bed (two pillows on each side) so when I flip over, I can put my arm and/or leg over the pillow. I wake up on my back sometimes, but prefer side sleeping. I used to be able to sleep with my top leg flexed a little, and the bottom extended, but my belly is in the way and makes him/her really wiggly. and my lower back starts to hurt, so I end up in as much as a fetal position as I can get in. I miss a good night's sleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"