April 2012 Moms
Options

Dogless bed night = SUCCESS! Update

Once we got home from work yesterday nothing was really said about the new nighttime arrangements that were gonna happen; regarding no pups on the bed so Mommy Dearest could get her beauty sleep.

About 9pm I heard him telling one of the labs "sorry bud, mommas got new rules, gonna sleep in the living room tonight"

I thought YESSS he's gonna back me up a bit on this and he did!

We tucked them in to their beds, but before long heard the pitter patter of claws on the hardwood, so I got up and walked them back to their beds..he put them back the second time, the third time he just said BED! and you could hear they're little paws turning around...YAY

I slept great with lots of room in our king sized bed (that before had felt like a twin sized, or an army cot)  and YAY again for him stepping up :)

That's all, have a great day!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dogless bed night = SUCCESS! Update

• Options
    Sounds exactly like what happens with my 4 y/o some nights.  lol!
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    Yay!! Awesome!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hooray! I did this with my two dogs a few weeks ago and it has been great. They love sleeping in their own room now (our office). It's been working out great for everyone. 
  • Options

imageAshleyC0117:
    Hooray! I did this with my two dogs a few weeks ago and it has been great. They love sleeping in their own room now (our office). It's been working out great for everyone. 

Awesome! I have hope for the future, I even caught myself smiling as I was falling asleep all sprawled out thinking "this is sooo great!"

• Options
    imageLab&BoxerMomma:

Once we got home from work yesterday nothing was really said about the new nighttime arrangements that were gonna happen; regarding no pups on the bed so Mommy Dearest could get her beauty sleep.

About 9pm I heard him telling one of the labs "sorry bud, mommas got new rules, gonna sleep in the living room tonight"

I thought YESSS he's gonna back me up a bit on this and he did!

We tucked them in to their beds, but before long heard the pitter patter of claws on the hardwood, so I got up and walked them back to their beds..he put them back the second time, the third time he just said BED! and you could hear they're little paws turning around...YAY

I slept great with lots of room in our king sized bed (that before had felt like a twin sized, or an army cot)  and YAY again for him stepping up :)

That's all, have a great day!

That's great!

I think I would sleep worse without my dogs in my bed. Especially in another room. My dog is pretty special needs and I get pretty anxious leaving her alone. And my husbands dog is just little ole thing, so he doesn't bother me in the bed. I probably sound so crazy right now. Haha. But I'm so glad you got a good nights rest! 

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to hear it's finally done and you got a good nights sleep. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    What great news........I was thinking about your situation and wondering how it was going.  I'm glad that you just flat out did it and it worked!
  • Options

Oh good for you!!! we did the same thing with our pittie like 3 months ago and its been heavan! yes i do miss snuggling with her warm body, but i need my sleep - plus when the baby comes i dont want her on the bed when im feeding the baby in the middle of the night.

we put her in her own room (my office) and every morning at 6 i let her outside to do her business, feed her and then she's allowed in our room BUT on her own dog bed on the floor- and it took some getting used to for her- but now she runs right into her own bed and goes right to sleep. 

• Options
    Yes that's awesome!
    My genius pup: Smushy Creature Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"